Can I Export A Listing Of All Tracks In ROON?

Hi guys,
Newbie here so please be patient.
Is there a way that you can export a listing of all of the tracks in you library in a .csv or.txt format?
The reason I ask is that ROON is acknowledging the .dff files in the total tracks in my library (and I am comfortable that it does not play them) but the number of files is 34 less than what is showing in Audivarna and PONOMusic, which show the same value of 776. I would like to know which files it isn’t seeing to check if they are corrupted.
Any help is greatly appreciated.
Many thanks,
Mark

P.S. I will convert to .dsf when time permits but wanted to start with these files first.

Please disregard this post.
I have since deduced that ROON does not see the .dff files which makes sense. It was in fact including my TIDAL files in the total track number shown on the overview screen.
Apologies for the confusion.

The answer to your initial question though is YES.

Go to Track View

Select all

Open the function icon top of screen

Export to XLS.

Info in this file is very useful to help validate a lot of Roon library info.

Many thanks Nick. I will give it a go when I get home tonight.

All the best,

Mark

Hi again Nick,

Regrettably when I attempt the export to Excel ROON shows it is saving but after letting it run for 12 hours did not give any output and still showed as saving.

I have 64,000 tracks stored on a Synology NAS.

Any thoughts on what to try next?

Many thanks,

Mark

Hi Mark, were you running the XL export on the same machine that the Roon core sits on or another PC/Mac with just a Roon client/GUI ?

I’ve seen this before so let me know how you are set up.

Thanks

Hi Nick,
I attempted to run it twice on the machine that the core sits on.
Cheers,
Mark

What operating system? We’re aware of some issues on OSX, with fixes in place for our upcoming 1.2 release.

Hi Mike,
I am on El Capitan 10.11.3.
Cheers,
Mark

Hi Mike,
A friendly reminder re this issue.
Have you been able to investigate further?
Many thanks,
Mark

Yes, the Excel export feature has an issue on OSX right now. The fix is done, and will go live with our 1.2 release.

Sorry for the trouble and thanks for your patience @Mark_Newton!

Great news @mike!
Many thanks for your and the team’s efforts. I am really looking forward to the next release.
Cheers,
Mark

Was export track/album list to spreadsheet restored in 1.2 for Mac?

Directions in posts suggest that one should do it by right-clicking and using a pop-up menu. On a Mac laptop, the usual way of right-clicking is the Control key, but on Roon that’s mapped to selecting and deselecting tracks. So, at least because that and other key-combinations don’t bring up a contextual menu, I’m not seeing how to make it work.

Thanks!

I’m not on a Mac laptop, but go into the album (or track) view, then select one album. Try holding down Control and then click on an album. That should bring up options at the top of the screen. On the top left you should see 1 selected. Click on it and on the dropdown select all.

Now click on the 3 vertical dots on the top of the screen to select Export. It should export to your desktop.

Hope that helps.

Cheers, Greg

Aha, thanks. So it does work with one, local album. So it’s not a right-click issue

Where it doesn’t work is with Tidal albums, which I was trying to export a list of. “Add to library” and “Add to playlist” are the only options in the 3-dots menu.

You can only export a list of Tidal albums that are already added to your library.

In albums view select focus. Then focus by Format and select Tidal. Now select all the albums as above instructions.

Cheers, Greg

Aha, that’s super helpful. The mistake I was making was that I was in the Tidal view, where this doesn’t work, even with albums that are already in the library. One has to be in another, local view like Albums. Great. Maybe this will help someone else, too.

2 Likes