Can I get direct support from Roon support staff?

Your forum model does not work for me. Ineedto talk real time to someone, actual real time support.

TEXT GOES HERE

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

TEXT GOES HERE

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

TEXT GOES HERE

Description Of Issue

TEXT GOES HERE

Hi Clark,

The Roon Forum Support model has successfully resolved many issues for users. Is there a particular reason why you believe it cannot assist you ?

I’ve read through your post history and seen you’ve had issues with the interface, handling of Classical and the Forum software.

For familiarity issues with Roon the Roon KB User Guide is worth a thorough read.

The Forum software is Discourse and this new user guide may be of assistance.

As to the Classical issues you’ve mentioned, some were due to bad metadata which your reports have helped correct. Others are aspects of Roon which as a fellow user I hope to see improved.

Sorting out issues is what Support is for, and I think you’ve found folks keen to help in the past.

Hi
Typically you ask for a screenshot. I don’t know how to do that. Also, I don’t always have a clear idea of what has gone wrong. OK. I use Roon remote for iPad. Last evening I used Roon to listen to music without problems. Today I downloaded Janet Baker’s recording of Ravel’s Scherezade to iTunes on my Mac. The recording shows up on Roon. But now, for unknown reasons, I cannot control Roon from my iPad. The best I can do is to play music through the tiny speakers of my iPad. How did occur?

It sound like you may have changed the active Zone and directed the music to your iPad. Try transferring the active Zone back to your usual listening device and hitting Play again.

This can happen easily on an iPad if you are holding the screen at the bottom. A case can sometimes help avoid that.

The Support folks ask for screenshots because a picture is worth a thousand words, and often reveals things straight away.

See here for how to take a screenshot on an iPad and the Discourse Guide linked above as to adding it to a post with the picture icon.

I’m not part of Roon, just a user like you and a volunteer mod. Your post got flagged as inappropriate, but I’m hoping Support can sort the underlying issue.

I have very much appreciated the helpful responses from other users. I must be old fashioned. When I purchase a product, I expect help from the vendor, although advice from other users is always welcome.
I enjoy reading the suggestions of other users, but my decades old model presupposes the vendor as the first resource.

Tried that, but would not accept designation of my default output.

This is where a screenshot of your Settings/Audio page would be a great help. Would you like me to step you through it ?

Thanks for your reply. I still find Roon to be a moderately useful system for accessing my classical library. Let me once again emphasize
that I enjoy the dialogues with other Roon users, even though I wish there was a more direct contact with Roon.

Thank you. Yes, I would appreciate your assistance.

First of all navigate to Settings Audio.

Holding the iPad in horizontal mode, press the left top button (ordinarily on/off) and large front button simultaneously. You should hear a click and see a picture appear in the lower left.

By left top, I mean the button on the left side towards the top. Not the button on the top at the left.

Next step is to upload the picture we just took into a post. To do that, press the right hand picture icon as indicated below:

This will bring up a file dialogue:

Choose Photo Library and select the Screenshot we just took. Then click the blue Upload button.

That should do it !

2 Likes

Hi @Clark_Varnell — Thanks for reaching out!

I apologize for the difficulties you are having here, and I appreciate your feedback about our support process.

We sometimes hear from people wondering about phone support, email support, or other more traditional methods, and as Andrew mentioned we almost always win them over by resolving problems here every day. I can tell you that we stand behind our products and our support 100%.

Every support thread on this site is tracked by someone on our staff, and they frequently loop in senior staff or developers for feedback. Nearly everyone in our company spends time on this site.

Regarding the current situation, I agree with Andrew that a screenshot would certainly help us understand this issue. We have some instructions on this in our KB (linked below) and Andrew explained it above, but if you have any other questions about how to do this please feel free to ask!

https://kb.roonlabs.com/Screenshots

It sounds like you are missing your standard playback device. What kind of device do you normally play to and how is it connected?

Thank you for your response. After fiddling with various settings on Roon and iTunes, I gave up and deleted Roon from my Mac and iPad. I re-downloaded Roon and Roon Remote. Everything is back to the way it as was pre-glitch.
Again, thanks for responding.

2 Likes

I’m glad you resolved this @Clark_Varnell and hope that Support and the Forum generally are places you feel you can come to whenever things aren’t going right.

I have a largish Classical collection myself and I think it is important for Roon to hear feedback from folks like you. There is a lot still to be done before the promise of Classical Roon as it could be becomes a reality.

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.