Can i safely update?

Yes, but these were former developer’s machines (from work), normally used with Dual-Head displays, running Mint Linux accessing production and development servers - when we moved to local Docker environments, the NUC5i3 machines were a little out of raw horsepower for this task, and limited to 16GB RAM and m.SATA port (no PCIe NVMe support).
We still use a number for monitoring, headless testbed etc.
But some had to find new homes :smiley:

But fine as a wired headless ROCK server - they don’t come with WiFi or Bluetooth which aren’t needed - 8GB is fine for a Roon Core with a library less than 200k tracks, there are 4 cores (but I only have 2 zones in reality - 1 Chromecast Group (with 4 Chromecast devices) and 1 with the SonoreUPnP Bridge to my Naim NDS Network Player. They are still 15W TDP, so there is no fan usage from the i3 processor .
When I did have to rebuild my complete Library after the disaster of the B880 release, it took a few days to import the library of 7k albums and a few more to analyse the 97k tracks, but however that’s won’t have to happen again (the previous time was Roon 1.0 B30 and that was pre-ROCK and I was running Roon on a Laptop, with no Playback path).