Can I save images to display with Tidal albums?

Just wondering if there’s a way to save images and associate them with tidal albums. in the database folder maybe?

Hi Michael…

Yes, you can do that. And in just the way you describe. JPG files and PDF files work just fine for me. (Haven’t experimented with other formats). Just put them inside the associated album folder that resides in your Roon watch folder. JPGs will appear in Roon as extra album art, and a clickable icon for PDFs will also appear. However, when you click those PDFs will be opened in a viewing app outside of Roon.

Hope this helps.

But I don’t have folders for my tidal albums… or I don’t know where they are.

As far as I can see, Tidal albums do not have any physical folders in the Watched Folders, so you can’t add any additional images or PDFs to Tidal albums, since there are no physical folders to add them to. The only thing you can do is to change the album artwork by editing the album…

1 Like

thanks… figured it was worth an ask…

Michael…
Many apologies for misreading your post (and somehow managing to miss the key word ‘Tidal’ in both the title and your msg? Yikes! Wish it would’ve been an early morning reply, I could at least potentially blame it on insufficient caffeine :blush:). Sorry for only confusing matters…and thankfully @Geoff_Coupe stepped in with clarity.

1 Like

no worries.