Can I swap RAM and SSD?

I current have a BOXNUC7I5BNK running Rock. I have just purchased a NUC7i7DNKE, which has a 8th generation Intel® Core™ i7 vPro™ processors. Can I just I just remove the internal disk, and RAM I am using with the old NUC (which contains Rock and my database), and just place it in the new NUC, or do I have to start over and create a new operating system and database.

yes, you can for the m.2 SSD. I don’t know if those 2 motherboards take the same RAM, but I think they do.

Thanks Danny,

RAM is the same so it should work out.

Bruce

Danny,

I just installed the m.2SSD from my old NUC and the RAM from my old NUC to the NUC7i7DNKE. All my music is on external hard drives attached to the NUC and I have a USB 3.0 device on the NUC I use for backups.

I can access the roon optimized core kit web page for the ROCK OS and it says the operating system, roon sever software and database and software are all OK. However, when I try to log into Roon via the desktop app, I am unable to login. it says “network error: please check you network connections”. I am also getting an “authorization page” saying I have already authorized one device (the ROCK that I transferred to the new NUC), and asks me if I want to unauthorize the Roon Optimized core I was using on the old NUC.

How do I fix this?

I seemed to fix this by unauthorizing the old core. Fingers crossed everything is fixed!!

This topic was automatically closed after 43 hours. New replies are no longer allowed.