Can microRendu handle multichannel?

Update

Roon had us try some things and unfortunately we could not fix the issue on our end. I have provided all the feedback on the issue back to Roon and they are going to take it from here. When they have an update for RoonReady we will implement it and retest.

Update

Roon updated RoonReady, we updated RoonRendu on the Rendu and multi-channel is working again. Please update your units, wait for the Back to Main Menu link, and reboot your unit.
Donā€™t forget to go to Device Setup / Show Advanced an set Channel Layout on Roon.

1 Like

Great That worked. Thanks Jesus!

One thing that does not work in this set up though is Upsampling in Roon. Here I get pops and clicks. I wonder if this is a general issue or due to my setup:

Multichannel sound (2 mains; 2 subs) via Microrendu and Roon (core on a Mac Mini 2012 High Sierra) hooked up to a RME ADI 2 Pro (Channels 1/2 for Subs, Channels 7/8 via SPDIF to a Benchmark DAC3B for the mains). Roon is set to 7.1., Upsampling to max PCM rate generates the afore mentioned clicks. Everthingā€™s fine when not upsampling.

You need a lot of power under the hood to do that.

Intersting. You think that Macā€™s to slow? Iā€™ll try another machine to check.