Can my Roon membership work in a second home?

I would like to add Roon to a second home. If I buy a Nucleus for a second home, can I use my lifetime membership to run a second Core in a new location or would I need a second membership?

I believe you can sign in to each core as long as you are using one at a time. If you want to use them both at the same time then you need separate membership.
The music would need to be mirrored on both though, it may be easier to have it on an external ssd and transport it between each location. You could do it much cheaper with a NUC I believe.

1 Like

You would only need a second membership if you wanted to have both cores in use at the same time. We have a weekend apartment and a NUC there and at home, with only one subscription. All I have to do is deauthorise the core I’m not using.

Michael

@Michael_Curtis, thanks for your reply. So you have to remember to do something with the main home Roon before you leave for your weekend home? And if you forget it won’t work? Also how do you deauthorise?

No, not necessary. You can remotely deauthorize a Core.

Sorry - I wasn’t clear. I’ll be using the core at home, but when I visit our apartment I’ll be prompted to remotely deauthorise the home core from the apartment when I connect to the core there, so there’s no need to remember to do so before leaving home.
The article @Geoff_Coupe has helpfully linked to should explain things for you.

Michael

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.