Can no longer access core after latest update

Roon Core Machine

Device name Pavilion-DV7
Processor Intel(R) Core™ i5 CPU M 480 @ 2.67GHz 2.67 GHz
Installed RAM 8.00 GB (7.80 GB usable)
Device ID 148CFEF6-F371-452E-89EB-CD8B89FCF6EC
Product ID 00326-10000-00000-AA348
System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
Pen and touch No pen or touch input is available for this display

Networking Gear & Setup Details

TPLink AXE7800

Connected Audio Devices

Ipad & Android Phone

Number of Tracks in Library

10,000 tracks

Description of Issue

I just updated Roon and I can no longer access the core from any of my devices. Everything worked fine before the update this morning

emphasized text

Hi @Anthony_Lombardo,

Are you still having issues? I looked and it appears your core is reporting to our account servers in real-time.


My Ipad(s) and my Android phone can not connect to the Core and Arc will not connect either. Everything worked this morning prior to the update (i played music for ~2 hours). I can not play anything from Roon to my Sonos speakers either. Sonos is working fine direct listening right now.

Hi @Anthony_Lombardo,

Can you check for updates on the mobile devices?

Also, can you give me a screenshot of what you see when you open Roon Mobile on these devices (assuming an update doesn’t fix it)?


Same on iPad

Hi @Anthony_Lombardo,

One thing I know for sure is that your core is online and reporting to us.

Here are my recommendations in order of relevance:

  1. Restart modem/router/any switches, and your core (in that order).

  2. Look at Windows firewall settings and make sure exceptions are created for Roon.

  3. Check for updates on your mobile devices (this was mentioned before but I didn’t see you mention and I want to be sure).


This screenshot is after the update. on all my devices. The “Hitting the Road” piece is new to the updated app.

Hi @Anthony_Lombardo,

I appreciate that. However, I’m listing several steps and each response seems to omit or otherwise fail to acknowledge them. Did you update the firewall rules? Restart network elements? Restart your core?

Does Roon launch on your core and successfully play to any given zone?

Can you please verify that your core is set to be on a private network as opposed to public?

In diagnostics logging I see a lot of connectivity errors. These errors are preventing the core from contacting Roon’s device servers, time servers, and impacts device discovery.

Please address these questions so I can better assist you. Everything I see indicates that this shouldn’t be happening.


Wes, I did not have the opportunity to try any of your suggested steps. I have been working.
I reset the wireless network and the core. same issue.
I can ONLY play “system output” (Laptop speakers) Nothing else works.
I turned off the MCafee firewall, and everything started working.
I now have to figure out what rules I need to modify.

1 Like

I could not find the Public/Private network setting in the Firewall section in McAfee Lifesafe. I know it was there I have configured it before.
I found a new setting “Trust Network” I clicked trust, and Voila everything started working. I have NO Idea what changed…

Under “My Home Network”

Hi @Anthony_Lombardo,

Here’s the MS article. It shows instructions on setting the network to private for both Windows 10 and Windows 11. Since you’ve figured things out, this isn’t absolutely essential but it’s good to have set to private so that file sharing and device discovery aren’t impacted at all.


This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.