Can no longer find my Roon Core

Roon Core Machine

Intel NUC NUC7i5BNH Intel Core i5 7th Gen w/ 250GB SSD, 8GB RAM

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Virgin Media Fibre - connected BT Wholehome Wifi discs - Mesh.
Devices and ROCK connected to Mesh but the Fibre is new and problem has started since.

Connected Audio Devices

Arcam AVR20, Sonos and RP4

Number of Tracks in Library

About 2000 albums

Description of Issue

Can no longer find my Roon Core and it is no longer visible on network. I have attached the NUC to a monitor and it appears to be working fine. When I cycle the power on the NUC the core occasionally becomes visible with a red dot on Choose your Roon Core but then disappears again.

I have recently swapped my WiFi to FIbre but I am using the same Mesh. The mesh app says that the Roon Core is not connected to the network. I have searched my Core’s IP address and can’t access it. My firewall does not appear to be blocking Roon or RAAT server. I have turned on SMB1.0.

Help please

Hi,

When you changed your fibre connection did that include a new ISP router?

I’m wondering if your home LAN is now on a different sub-net and you had previously configured the NUC to be on a fixed IP address.

If this is the case you will need to update the NUC to be either DCHP assigned (my preferred method) or update the static IP address to match your LAN sub-net.

I’m not sure what that BIOS message means, have you tried reply “Y” and checking out that BIOS setting are as expected?

Thanks - building ROCk on a NUC was about my IT limit I’m afraid. I recall being advised to us a fixed IP address so how do I “update the NUC to be either DCHP assigned (my preferred method) or update the static IP address to match your LAN sub-net.”?

To enable default network settings on your ROCK:

1 Like

Fixed thank you!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.