Can not connect to a new (i.e. moved) core

I’ve been running a core with no issues on Win 10 64 bit (AMD based desktop) and connecting using my Ipad.

I just purchased a new PC (Intel Nuc i5 running Windows 10 64 bit) and installed Roon on it (Version 1.5 build 363). When it came up it reminded me I’m only allowed one core and I disconnected the AMD desktop above and connected to the fresh install on the Nuc. The Core then detected all of my configuration automatically and auto-synced. I didn’t even have to restore from a backup (very nice…).

When I run Roon from my Ipad it now sees the new Nuc Roon Core and tries to connect. It cycles from Connecting… to Connection Failed. The Core is configured to accept remote connections.

If I startup the Roon Core from the AMD desktop my Ipad sees it and shows a green connection status to it.

Any ideas? Thanks.

Hi @Deene_Dafoe,

So we can better assist you, please describe your network configuration/topology, including any networking hardware currently in use, so we can have a clear understanding of how your devices are communicating.

Is there any difference in how the AMD machine is connected to the network compared to the NUC?

Is there any active antivirus or firewall running on the NUC? If so, can you try disabling and see if there is a change?

Hi; the issue was the Windows 10 firewall. It had roon.exe clicked for Private but not Public. I enabled (i.e. clicked) Public as well and the iPad was then able to connect to the core. Thanks!