Can Not Delete Tidal Albums From Roon [Resolved]

@Support,

This past month I have had time to groom Roon. One issue that has been around since my initial use of Roon (v1.2) is that Tidal albums can not be deleted. Used Hide Album as a work around. Can delete local albums. Other then delete album, Tidal works. When attempting to delete a Tidal album (Edit>Album Options>Delete) the response is Error - File not found. The response is so quick that I have doubts that Roon goes to Tidal. One factor that may be relevant is that in Settings>Services>Tidal the sync function is always “Syncing library now”. Last Library Sync has never shown a date and time.

Core - Mac Mini (Late 2012) 8GB OSX 10.9.5 Music stored on external SSD. Three zones - Yaggy, Bimby, and microRendu.

Music - 28,000 tracks, 1,129 local albums and 1.174 Tidal albums.

Tidal - USA, HiFi.

Roon V1.3 (Build 242)

1 Like

Does this help?

1 Like

Alan, thank you for the reply. What you describe is how I try to delete Tidal albums. Local albums can be deleted. With a Tidal album, it is always “Error - File not found”. I’m not aware of any options for Tidal integration. If there are options for Tidal albums in Settings, they are too subtle for me.

2 Likes

Hi @Larie_Holmes ---- Thank you for the report and sharing your feedback with us. Sorry to hear of the troubles.

Moving forward, may I very kindly ask you to please try to delete the TIDAL content once more, then use the instructions found here to upload us a set of logs (from your Roon core), and we’ll have a closer look.

-Eric

1 Like

Eric

What name or email address do I use in Dropbox to share log files with you? Or do I download in Settings>Services? Connected to Dropbox in Roon for the first time. Tried to delete album at 8:11 AM then saved log files. Ready to send zip file to you.

Larie

1 Like

Hi @Larie_Holmes ----- Can you supply a dropbox “download link” on this thread?

If you run into an issue with the process, let me know, and I can offer an alternative upload method.

Many thanks!
-Eric

Eric — Here is the Dropbox link for Larie Holmes Logs –https://www.dropbox.com/s/1ffc59nzw2rnbhk/Larie%20Holmes%20Logs.zip?dl=0

Larie

1 Like

Hi @Larie_Holmes ----- Thank you for the follow up! Confirming that the logs have been received.

I’ll let you know what the team comes up with, your patience is very appreciated!

-Eric

1 Like

Ivan — Tried to access the instructions. Got “Don’t have access to that topic” Need some help. Larie Holmes

+1 Same problem in last week or so. It looks like its deleted the links to the Tidal tracks, but doesn’t remove the Album itself. If I try again to delete the Tidal album I get a “File not found” error against every track.

I did try adding the album again to see if I could delete it then, but now I have two of the same album that I can’t delete !

For now I’m just hiding everything after I delete it and hoping that it’ll sort itself out through magic stick. Any suggestions gratefully received.

Hi @Gareth_Davies ---- Thank you for chiming in and sharing your feedback with us. Apologies for the delayed response.

Moving forward, I wanted to touch base with you and see if you have made any new observations or progress, in regard to this behavior you have reported.

Furthermore, while it may seem elementary, have you tried logging in and out of TIDAL (in ROON) or rebooting the application since noticing this behavior?

-Eric

Thanks Eric, sorted. I’d tried resetting the server and re-syncing the Tidal library, but not logging out and back in to Tidal. Thank you.

1 Like