Can not find Moon Mind 2

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)
Windows 10

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)
Both core and Mind 2 connected to the same Network over a commons switch.
Roon Bridge also downloaded.

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)
Moon Mind 2

Description Of Issue
Roon and Mind 2 does not find each other. Mind 2 is said to be Roon Ready.

Is your dac connected through ethernet.Why have you downloaded Roon Bridge.On windows pc either have Roon or Roon server installed ?

I have now uninstalled Roon Bridge. Roon server on the Pc. Mind 2 is a streamar wihout DAC, connected to the same ethernet through a common switch. I have active speakers with built in DAC,s, Beo-lab 50. They are connected to the same ethernet.

Hi @Stefan_Belin,

Can you share a screenshot of Settings > Audio in Roon?

Is there any change if you temporarily disable the firewall on your Windows 10 machine is there any change?

This afternoon I have noticed that if I disconnect the network cable and connect again, Roon finds the Mind 2 and works perfect. If I close down Mind it is no problem, but if I close down Roon on the PC I have to disconnect the network cable again to make it work.

Hi @Stefan_Belin,

Thanks for the update. This sounds like it might be related to firewall issues — Is there any change if you temporarily disable the firewall on your Windows 10 machine is there any change?

You are right. It works when the firrwall is down. My securitysystem is AVG Internet Security

I’m glad that works, @Stefan_Belin. If you place exceptions in the firewall for RAATServer and Roon that should resolve the issue.

It was not that easy. I tried myself at first. Then I contacted helpdesk for AVG and they took remote controll over the Pc. They worked for more than an hour, but without succes. Now it is a case for the Senior Team. Do you now what in Roon that could be such a problem for a firewall?

Hi @Stefan_Belin,

Most of the time when an issue like this occurs it’s because either Roon or RAATServer is being blocked by the firewall. Even with exceptions in for both of these it’s still an issue for you and only goes away with AVG completely disabled?

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.