Can not use Edit credits to Create new artist data

Roon Core Machine

Nucleus Ver.B
Roon version 1.8 (988)

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Tplink R7206→Audioquest CAT700→ QSW-2104-2T→Audioquest CAT700→Nucleus Ver.B and other device

Connected Audio Devices

RJ45 Audioquest CAT700 Bluesound 2i

Number of Tracks in Library

7246 tracks

Description of Issue

Can not use Edit credits to Create new artist data on the PC roon software Roon version 1.8 (988) .

A screenshot of what you are trying to do would help.

for example
I hope to add the information that is wrongly tagged by the digital file itself, to separate the singer from the composer, but when I try to add the singer Lucia, the system even disappears the tag of composer + singer after adding it.

Hey @Taki,

Can you please provide some more information about the album? Title, Artist, and whether it’s local files, or streaming? Thanks!

Hello @jamie

I buy from HARMONICS - OTOTOY

The file format is flac 16bit 44.1k is a Various Artists album.

Although the metadata of the file itself should be able to correct, the problem of singer or composer in the same column.

But I think Roon gives editing as well as additions, from Edit>>Edit Track>>CREDITS for a single track.I think the editing method here will be better, and it will not destroy the original purchased file composition.

But the problem I encountered is that, through the editing method of CREDITS, the singer data cannot be added normally. Even if there is an option to add an artist, after inputting, the whole function has an error and does not work.

I’m currently trying other songs on the album, and the same thing happens.

In addition, the currently used version is 1.8 (1021)

Thanks for getting back to us with more details @Taki!

What you’ll need to do is add composer & vocal credits separately. The composer + singer credit formating isn’t supported.

• Add Lucia then add the role of your choice, Vocal, Lead Vocal, etc
  • Then add Lucia again and set the role as Composer
  • Lucia isn’t in our Metadata Index so you’ll be linking to the artist entry that was created in your Library.
  • That should fix you up.

@jamie

Thank you very much for your support,

But I opened this ticket for the purpose of “credit” operation.
I can’t add any information correctly, such as the picture of my first reply information, after I add Lucia or other artists, There is no way to find Lucia’s information in the filter, and normally the item “Add Artist” button should be displayed again, and it has disappeared.

@jamie

I’m very sorry, I just found out when I was to record a video.
It that after entering the name, can select the role. must select the role and click Done to complete it.
Because I used a black background, many times before, I quickly clicked Done in the lower right corner after I input the person’s name.

There are no problems now, thank you very much for your tips and help

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Hey @Taki!

That’s great news, I’m glad that things are working for you now! Please feel free to reach out if you ever have any other questions or issues. Happy listening :headphones: