Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)
macOS Mojave 10.14.6/MacBook Pro/3.5 GHz Intel Core i7/16GB/SDD/Roon version 1.7 Build 537
Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)
Bell Modem/Router Hub 3000 (1.11 Gbps DL, 824.69 Mbps UL), Arkasis 21- 24 Port GB switch, Linksys Velop (Bridge Mode).
Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)
NAD CI580 (Firmware 3.8.8), CAT 6, Bluesound 2i CAT6, BS Node2i Wifi, MSB Descrete DAC Cat6)
Description Of Issue
I LOVE Roon, it works very well on my 2 Bluesound 2i players and my MSB Dac. The NAD CI580 works flawlessly with the BluOS, even when grouped with the 2 Bluesound units. It’s only when streaming and controlling the CI580 with Roon that there is an issue, especially when grouping a the CI580 with other (RAAT) endpoints.
Based on the fact the same HI REZ music streams flawlessly on the NAD 580 even when paired with other BluOS devices (but does not with Roon), I’m wondering is there reason to doubt the RAAT certification for the NAD CI580? I would not have purchased it without this certification.
Thank you @support for reviewing these posts. Looking forward to your suggestions, and re-assurance the NAD580 works fine back at Roon HQ.
Sometimes receive the message that : "Tidal (or Qobuz) is loading slowly.This may indicate a networking or connectivity problem.” NAD CI 580 stops playing or skips tracks when streaming Tidal or Qobuz. During this, the Roon app continues to display the Meta Data.
Frequency- This problem occurs almost every time, when streaming just to the NAD 580 zone after a period of time. It happens almost immediately when I then try grouping the 580 to another Zone.
BluOS can sometimes start a “stalled” Roon Queue by pressing play, even when Roon app’s play function will not.
What I’ve tried
- Removed the Velop between Modem/Hub and put in Velop bridge mode
- Enabled DHCP on Modem Hub
- Assigned Fixed IP Addresses to Network players (Bluesound Node 2is, NAD CI580, MSB Dac)
- Scanned for Ideal WiFi Channels
- Factory Reset CI580
- Updated Firmware of CI580
- Set Roon Device settings to for NAD to Default. Toggled MQA on/off, render On/Off
- Power cycled everything- Modem, Switch, NAD, MacBook Roon Core
- Operated MacBook Roon Core in both wireless and Wired modes, connected to switch or directly to Modem
- Changed DNS settings in Velop to Google.