Can’t connect to Roon core

Core Machine
NUC7i7BNH/8 GB Ram/256 SSD drive

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Description Of Issue
Greetings,
I assembled the NUC this morning, downloaded ROCK software and installed it, added the codex, and was told it was good to go.

I connected the NUC to my network via LAN and added the remote app to my iPad and looked for the device, but the app couldn’t find it.

Checked my network and couldn’t find it, although the device shows up on my OPPO network page.

I also cannot get back to the page on my laptop where I completed the setup, so cannot get to “settings”.

Hi @Streamingamigo,

Are you able to access the ROCK Web UI?

No, I am not. Core is connected to home network, but network does no recognize it.

Thanks, Ed

Thanks for the update, @Streamingamigo.

Have you tried using a different Ethernet cable?

Can you describe your networking setup? How is the ROCK device connected?

I did try another cable, with the same results. The network infrastructure is a Arris TG1682G Router Modem, supplied by Comcast, and the ROCK device is connected to it via LAN. I should mention that when I first set up the system in January, I had no problem connecting to the Roon core and music data. It is only in the past two weeks that is has gone dark.

Ed

Thanks for the update, @Streamingamigo.

Were you using a static IP address? Are you able to see the device on the network at all if you use something like Fing to scan the network?

If you connect the NUC via HDMI to a monitor what do you see?

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.