Can’t log into Tidal from Roon so can’t use playlists

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)
iMac, with access through an iPad as well.

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Description Of Issue
Hello,
I’ve been a happy Roon/Tidal subscriber for a couple of years now with few issues.

As noted in previous posts by others, I can log into Tidal and play music on my playlists with Tidal etc. via my iPad, but not through Roon. This happened with my iMac running the previous OS.

I logged in and created a new password as the Roon attempts at logins always stated bad user ID and/or bad password.

I closed Tidal on the iPad, no change. I restarted the iMac- no change.

I updated to Catalina (before seeing Roons request not too☹️). Restarted the iMac still can’t log into Tidal from Roon.

Any help much appreciated ( as an aside I tried to copy and paste a screenshot showing my setup but couldn’t paste in this box?)

Thank you,
Tony Abbott

Hi @Tony_Abbott,

Often times a reboot of the Core machine will resolve this type of issue. If you reboot is there any change?

Thanks Dylan,
Yes I rebooted the core, then installed update and rebooted again…no luck.

So, perhaps this is me not understanding what the “core” is in my system.
I thought the core was my IMac, but apparently my core is the Antipodes unit. I rebooted that, then was able to log into Tidal and everything is good.
Thanks for your help!

Hi often referred to as just “Core” means the Roon Core, which must be stopped and then restarted or alternatively the device that the Roon Core is running should be rebooted.

Hi @Tony_Abbott, you should remove the watched ‘antipodes/storage/music/flac’ folder. The default Music Folder already references /storage and its sub-folders. That is why both show ‘6717 tracks Imported’.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.