Can’t log into tidal on roon

Hi I just downloaded roon and tidal and set up account for both. When setting up roon it asks for my tidal username and password - I have entered my email address and password but it comes up with Bad user name or password - yet I can log into tidal using this information — help Please
Warren

Warren use @support to contact roon support team…i just did it for you…

Thanks will they reply to the thread ? I’m not too it savvy

Hey @Warren_Jackson — Thanks for reaching out, and apologies for the difficulties here.

So we can better assist you, please provide a brief description of your current setup using this link as a guide.

Make sure to describe your network configuration/topology, including any networking hardware currently in use, so we can have a clear understanding of how your devices are communicating.

Since noticing this behavior have you tried rebooting your Core machine?

Thanks!

Hi Dylan
I am running an i5 windows pc with 64 bit windows and windows 10 home
I have added a 3T hard drive via the USB

Additionally I downloaded and installed 64 roon a few days ago and download and installed tidal at the same time - I then opened accounts for both

Addiitionally
Yes I have rebooted

Thanks for the info, @Warren_Jackson!

Can you give me some information about your networking setup? What kind of networking hardware is in use, and how is your Core connected to the network?

Just to verify, did you install TIDAL on the same machine? If you try to login to your TIDAL account from the TIDAL website on the same machine are you able to successfully login?

Thanks!

Yes I can log into tidal on the same machine using tidal

Yes I can log onto tidal on tidal on the same machine

@support can I please get help I want to get roon and tifdal up and running
I haven’t received a reply for some Time

Hey @Warren_Jackson,

Thank you for confirming that! May I ask that you please also provide some details on your current networking setup so we can better understand how your devices are connected?

In the past we have seen Google DNS help with TIDAL connectivity issues — Can you try giving Google DNS a try and let us know if there is any change?

If Google DNS does not yield any change, I think the next step here is to enable some diagnostics on your account so our technical staff can get some more insight into what’s going on here.

However, before I enable this feature, I’d like to ask for your help ensuring we gather the right information.

First, can you please reproduce the issue once more and note the time at which the error occurs. Then respond here with that time, and I’ll make sure we review the diagnostics related to that timestamp.

Thanks!
Dylan

Dylan
I am 58 years old and have no idea what al, that means can you give me much more basic help

If it helps I have my notebook connected up to my wifi internet

Mate I have no ide what you are taking about my pc is connect via my home wifi I don’t know what dns is can you give me more simple help please ?

Hello @Warren_Jackson,

Can you please confirm which page you’re seeing? If you are still at the initial setting up Roon page, you can temporarily bypass it and then add the TIDAL login at a later time in Roon Settings -> Services -> TIDAL.

You mentioned that you’re connected via WiFi, do you have an Ethernet cable around that you can plug in directly to the Router with and verify if you experience the same issue?

DNS is Dynamic Name Service, this is usually a setting that you can find in your Router and you can access the configuration page usually by going to 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.0.1 from a web browser.

Dylan was referring to changing where it says DNS in your router configuration page to match Google’s DNS addresses:
8.8.8.8 as the primary DNS
8.8.4.4 as the secondary DNS

For example, if you have a TP Link Router, you can use the following video to change your DNS:

If you are able to make this change, it will be a good troubleshooting step to rule out any possible DNS issues.

I have also gone ahead and enabled diagnostics mode on your account and what this action will do is next time the Core is active a set of logs will automatically be generated and uploaded to our servers for analysis.

Dylan or I will be sure to let you know once the team has looked over the diagnostics and provided us a report regarding what could be going on here. I appreciate your patience while that occurs on our end, we will be in touch.

Thanks,
Noris

1 Like