Can’t log into Tidal via Roon

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Intel NUC i7 running Windows 10.
Roon 1.7 (build 511) stable (64 bit) Core
Roon 1.7 (build 511) stable (64 bit) Remote

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Hard-wired Ethernet to Router connected to 500Mbps FTTH ISP

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Not relevant for this issue.

Description Of Issue

Roon says it can’t log into my Tidal account.

I’m sitting at my main PC right now that has both my Roon Core and the Roon Remote app installed. I have a browser tab open on the Tidal web site right now and I just logged in with my user name and password and can see that I have an active HiFi subscription with my next monthly billing event due 6th Feb 2020.

I now go to the Roon Remote app on the Windows PC, go to Settings/Services, and then click the login button for Tidal. I now enter the same user name and password and I get a “Bad user name or password” error. I am 100% sure I am entering the correct credentials into Roon but it still won’t let me log in.

I also see the same “Bad user name or password” error trying to log into Tidal via my Roon remote on the iPad yet there again logging into Tidal directly through the Tidal iOS app works just fine with the same credentials.

For now I guess I’ll have to not use Roon and use the Tidal app directly but hopefully this can be fixed fairly quickly.

Restart your roon core pc.

Hi @Julian,

Often times a reboot of the Core machine will resolve these types of issues. Can you try giving the Core a reboot and let us know if that helps?

Thanks!

Sorry for the delay Dylan. Yes, rebooting did work. All good now. Thanks for the help.

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.