Can’t reach Nucleus

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)
Nucleus with an internal flash drive.

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)
Verizon Fios.

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)
I do not have the Nucleus plugged into an audio device yet.

Description Of Issue
I plugged the Nucleus into my network at a new house by Ethernet.
My MAC desktop is on the same network (using wifi).

Using Finder, at first I saw Nucleus show up, but clicking on it it wouldn’t connect or show me the contents of the internal drive.

The Nucleus stopped showing up, and instead a symbol with a long list of numbers and letters. Trying to get into that it asked me for a password I don’t have.

This Nucleus worked fine at my other house. My Roon apps on iOS can’t reach the Nucleus either.
Thanks for your help.

Hi @David_Fenton,

Can you provide some details on your network setup? What router is in use? How is the Nucleus connected? Are there any switches or other networking devices in use?

Are you able to reach the Nucleus Web Administration Interface?

Thank you for contacting me. I wish you might call me [phone no. removed, mod] east coast USA>

Meanwhile I’m using a Verizon Fios router. The Nucleus is connected via Ethernet cord to a working Ethernet outlet in the wall. The LEDs where the Ethernet cord connects to the Nucleus is blinking green.

I’d like to reach the web administration interface but it is not clear in your instructions how to find it. Is there an IP address I should type into a browser on my Mac desktop? Yes some switches/networking devices are on the network which control distribution to the in the wall Ethernet port. The port is working fine, however, good internet connection i checked.

My nucleus has no power on switch or light.

If you could call i would so appreciate it.

David

Hi David,

One thing to try is to get a program like Fing app on your phone or tablet, which can tell you all the devices connected to your network and what IP they have. That might provide additional information as the Nucleus and the other devices on Wifi might actually be on differing IP ranges.

Thank you so much. I downloaded that and scanned. Would it show up as Nucleus? I see several “generic” devices connected . Thanks.

Hi @David_Fenton,

Do you have your Nucleus configured to use a static IP address?
I’m wondering if the LAN in your new house is using the same sub-net.

If so what did you configure that IP address to be and what is the sub-net in use at you new house?

Hook it up to a tv via HDMI, and see if an ip address is displayed, if so, this is the address you need to use to access it. If there is an address, and it’s completely different to your other devices, there’s your problem!

Hello Carl. I haven’t changed the configuration of the Nucleus at all and do not know how it is configured. The hifi store configured it on installation at another house. I do not know what a sub net is how do i answer your question? Is there a way i can call you please?

Hi @David_Fenton,

Can you please connect your Nucleus HDMI output to a TV or Monitor and share a screenshot of what you’re seeing there? It should display a page similar to the following, providing some useful diagnostics info:

Greetings. Appreciate your help. I am embarrassed to report that the problem was the power button on the Nucleus was off. Of course, it isn’t easy to find the power button it isn’t marked. But still, my bad. Thanks all!

2 Likes

No trouble at all @David_Fenton, hope you enjoy Roon and do let us know if you run into any further difficulties!

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.