Can’t seem to stream live radio at AAC

Thanks Martin, this isn’t going to allow it to work via roon though I imagine?

Could be, but the stream won’t play through Roon which wouldn’t have that problem.

The stream, via a couple of playlist re-directions ends up as chunked .ts files holding aac lc data - and that aac shouldn’t be a problem. Perhaps the Mac can’t deal with .ts formats.

Downloading VLC sounds a good idea as that may download some extra codecs if the Mac can make use of them elsewhere.

I do have VLC downloaded already.

I’ll have a look online to see if other Mac users have the same issue.

Those damn Mac users eh? :laughing:

That was the idea but it looks like it didn’t help. I’ll take a look on my Mac later this evening.

Ok update here guys,

Ive recently updated to OSX Catalina, I reinstalled and setup roon (fresh install of OSX)

Now Im seeing “this stream is not available in your country” when looking for the aac streams on 6 music.

Uh oh. Something wrong at the Roon end. I see the same message.

For the time being I have taken off the geo-restriction flag and you should now be able to see those stations.

I’ll get on to Roon.

Thank you :pray:t2:

Even with my upgrade to Catalina I still can’t stream the AAC feeds.

Any with Mac users that have this issue? If we can confirm it’s because of the OSX I’ll be happy, if not, it’s an issue I need to sort.

I mean the AAC for BBC services, others seem fine.

What if you try the direct link now?
http://a.files.bbci.co.uk/media/live/manifesto/audio/simulcast/hls/uk/sbr_high/ak/bbc_radio_three.m3u8

It asks me to download

Download it and open with VLC. If it plays, then you have the codecs.

Yes, it works if I download and play via VLC, so that picks up the stream.

Thank you, so your setup is capable. So why isn’t Roon playing?
Over to @dylan.

Ok, Im not sure if anything has changed at Roons end but it now seems to be working AAC 320.

So I guess we can see this as solved, possibly a fresh install of VLC did it with updated drivers as suggested.

Thanks for all your help guys, not sure how we got there but we did,

Well, I’m not sure what happened, but I’m pleased you’re ok now.

Time to enjoy the music.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.