Can`t you get Roon working [Resolved]

Hi,

Lately I have had a lot of trouble getting Roon working. Since an upgrade a week ago. At the same time the Airport Extreme Wifi stopped working, now running an Asus RT-88.

Question: Do I have to set up port forward? I worked the other day with no port forward set up.

I have restartet and uninstalled/reinstalled several times.

Main Core:
Mac Pro 5.1
MacOS 10.13.2

Second core (one lisence):
Qnap TVS-471
latest firrmware

Here is what happend starting fresh:

I see the core (madmacx):

PS! From the Iphone I only the other core, Not able to connect to Core 1 (madmacx) from there. From Macbook (remote) only see Core 1. From Macbook not able to switch to Core 2.

I am able to connect to Core 1 madmacx and set up Music Folder. Logging into Tidal says wrong user/pass. 100% sure I have the correct one. Also tested pass on tidal.com.

Passing on Tidal login, then it stops on this picture:

Any ideas?

Cheers,

Frode

I too have a Qnap NAS together with a Mac but don’t have any connecting issues. On the NAS I keep all music files and the Roon server is running. On the Mac (MBP) I have the Roon software running that connects to the Roon server on the NAS. Same with the iPad app. Works flawless. I guess your problems are within your computer set-up.

As the doctor said: “90% of the ilnesses are passing by itself, and the 10% we can`t cure…”

I uninstalled everything, restarted everything, removed any port forrdwarding, and started all over again. Now it is working.

This topic was automatically closed after 31 hours. New replies are no longer allowed.