Can the iPad play music when the Nucleus is switched off?

Can you give the details of the iPad model that you are using?

@support - there is something strange here; this iPad is clearly acting as a Roon Control, yet it is not getting listed in the Settings/Audio screen, only in the Settings/About screen.

It’s this one: Apple iPad (2019) 128 GB Wifi Space Gray

@ Arno

Sorry but this is something for Roon support. I am just a “stupid” Roon user and cannot assist :wink:

I’m suspecting network/firewall/public/private settings blocking RAAT…

Hoping this prompts someone with a better idea of how to fix it than me!

(Just had a similar issue with a W10 laptop running Roon Bridge. Only visible after I finally realised McAfee thought it was connected to a ‘public’ network and corrected it to ‘home’.)

Guys - I’ve already flagged support for @Arno_Pfennings in my previous post. Someone from the team will respond as soon as they can.

Hi @Arno_Pfennings — Thanks for reaching out!

Starting out here, I’m hoping you could describe your networking setup including your router and any other networking hardware in use so we can understand how your Core and remotes are connected.

Next, I’d like clarify something that should help us better understand where the issue might be stemming from. If you connect to your Nucleus from any other remote device, does it show up in Settings > Audio? Understanding if it’s only the iPad experiencing this issue or if the Nucleus can’t see audio devices for any remote will be helpful in understanding this.

Thanks!

Hi Dylan,

The nucleus is connected via cable to the FritzBox 7581 modem. The USB-out is connected to the USB2 in of the Cambridge Audio 851N. The iPAD controls the nucleus.
Nucleus has got an internal SSD.

Having the ROON app on my iPhone it can’t find the core/nucleus, this is similar as what occasionally happens when the iPad tries to connect to the nucleus. After resetting the ROON server software via the external web-site interface/menu, the iPad usually finds the core directly and I can select it.

So, I can not tell you yet what is actually shown in the settings/audio of the iPhone, but for the iPAD it is as previously mentioned…Only zones visible are 2xHDMI and 1xDAC851N

Update. iPhone app is working too and connected to the nucleus…guess what…in Zone only 2xHMDI and the DAC (851N) :frowning:

A good night sleep brings fresh ideas :wink:
Previously I checked the modem as well as tried switching off fire-wall etc. Now I figured to double check the routing to the modem again.
The nucleus is hardwired to the modem and the controllers as iPhone, macbook and iPad where linking into the WiFi extenders. I changed the priority in the settings that the original modem wifi would be on the first position…
Checked the Settings and…there it was the iPAD in the ROON menu

“WiFi extenders”? - That’s the first time that you’ve mentioned the existence of these in this thread. It sounds as though you had a network issue - perhaps even two subnets in your home network, and all Roon devices must be in the same subnet for auto-discovery to work.

You mentioned that you have a FritzBox 7851. That supports a mesh WiFi network when using Fritz WiFi extenders giving a home network spanning both ethernet and WiFi in a single subnet. That’s how you should have your home network configured. For example, this is my home network:

Dude…I am not an IT guy :wink: and indeed new things can be mentioned when investigating a problem “New **** has come to light”

The applications select the wifi spots and apparently some had the extenders as first in the list.

Anyhow, solved.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.