Can the microRendu be directly connected to the ROCK server through the Ethernet cable?

My personal preference is to keep things as simple as possible. I connect power to my unit, which today is an ultraRendu, in the form of a custom (long story) built Sonore linear supply (now discontinued). I connect Ethernet directly from my router via Bluejeans Cable’s (tested and certified cables). I then connect the ultraRendu directly to my DAC via a USB cable (nothing special). All of our products in the “Rendu” series are meant to be remote endpoints. If you don’t want or need a NAS, desktop or laptop in your audio room these are great options. That is the intent.

Having said that “some” of you are experimenting and who am I to judge…it’s hobby after all! Please do not take this as we offer support for it:)

BTW Andrew at Small Green Computer has added this preconfigured on one of the sonicTransporters so you can easily try it. You can contact him via his website. I see no reason why ROCK could not do it and seem to recall Roon saying it could.

SONORE computer audio - ultraRendu | microRendu | Sonicorbiter SE

1 Like