Can the "Update Available" message be disabled?

Does any know how to disable this annoying, nagging software update every time I open Roon up?

ROON-UPDATE

NO - I do not want to update Roon to have it removed. Roon works perfectly fine for me. No issues - NONE and I do not want any.

This should come up only so many times or have a checkbox to not bother me again.

–MD

2 Likes

Makes no sense not to update your software.
Developers are continuesly working on perfecting your user experience, and we should defenitly take advantage of that.

10 Likes

You will have to update in time. It was quick and smooth for me. 1.8 is around the corner and it looks you will need this first. That’s just how it works on an ever evolving platform.

2 Likes

A few years back I had an update go south and reverting back to a prior version was a pain. Roon does not offer a way back.
Besides there is nothing in this update for me and to do a update now out of the blue, then something goes wrong like it does for so many here and all of a sudden I am spending the next day troubleshooting instead of enjoying Roon.

–MD

No choice. The only way would be to uninstall. Then it will no longer nag you.

2 Likes

Sarcasmim - Nice…

Not at all.

That’s your choice. Update or uninstall.

I understand the reticence , but if there is a problem, Roon will sort it out and we all move forward. It’s just not practical to stay frozen in time

2 Likes

Yea but Roon takes me back in time… :laughing:

–MD

1 Like

Your not supported on older builds, many changes behinds scenes don’t work on older versions, makes zero sense to not update it’s free after all. Your making a rod for your own back if you don’t.

3 Likes

Simon, I understand what you are saying. I looked at the update notes. Nothing there for me. I usually skip a couple of updates and watch the forum for issues and there are some updates where there are very few issues.

Even in the notes they make reference to not have a update to 1.8 because of the holidays and they did not want to create issues for anyone.

Just saying the nag should not be permanent, that’s all.

–MD

1 Like

There is only 1 other way.
Start Roon, click the update message away, and do nog stop Roon anymore.
Dirk6

1 Like

Hello Dirk,

That is what I usually do during the day. I do turn my PC off every night and every morning I am prompted with this.

I think it was all the way back to Version 1.6 before this started appearing like this.

–MD

Updates exist for a reason. You will be fine. Click that prompt and get on with your life.

3 Likes

I can understand your frustration.

I have a Roon Radio metadata problem that was introduced by the original Roon version 1.7 update. This was resolved by a software build release some months later, and then regressed with yet another software build release. The problem is still with me to this day.

Unfortunately, today’s software build release has not resolved my problem. On the other hand, the good news is that the update process went smoothly, and so far I haven’t encountered any additional problems.

2 Likes

Sometimes updates can correct issues with the install. Glad to hear that your update went smooth even though your issue was not corrected.

–MD

Here is the link now available for notes on the recent software update.

It’s simply a maintenance update. Version 1.8 will be coming in due time.

Improvements and Bug Fixes for Build 710:

Stability improvements in the software update system
Stability improvements for discovery protocol
Fixed problems with monitoring watched folders which were set using symlink on linux
Improved handling of TIDAL accounts that lack a valid subscription
API fixes for Live Radio browsing

C’mon, man. First world problems and all that. :smirk:

3 Likes

‘Simple maintenance version’ - which still involves, on mine, resetting the database, reloading the codec, and then restoring from a backup (with fingers crossed). Got it down now, but it is a pain in the ass so I understand the hesitancy to only update when truly needed. I was hoping g it would go different and easy this morning when I clicked the blue pop up but no… (as I sit here staring at my restore stuck on 11%).

What is wrong with your set up that you have to do this? Something cannot be right…

1 Like