Can you choose which disk you want to install Roon on?

@GusGranite – we’re not fundamentally against allowing the install/db location to be moved. The location we picked was so that auto-updating could work silently, and not bother Windows users with UAC popups. This wouldn’t be an issue on your “D drive”, as you would have permissions to write there, but it is not a trivial change to our application.

Now I’m going to be frank with you. Please take this as the reality of a startup that isn’t doing things exactly as you need, and not some type of attack on your very valid use case.

The issue at hand is just prioritization of the feature, and unfortunately for a very small subset of our users, the feature is very low our on priority list. iPad support, RoonSpeakers, Metadata improvements, HQ Player and Squeezebox integration, plus a lot of usability issues are all ahead of “moving install/db location” on the roadmap. Between our launch and today, we’ve released numerous audio related features and improvements, plus a new platform (Android). All these were also all ahead of “moving install/db location”.

If you had bought Roon, I would have gladly refunded your purchase as we didn’t meet your needs. Instead, you took a trial and canceled before charge, so such charges were avoided. This is the point of the trial, and I’m glad we didn’t charge for something that would have frustrated you.

I’m guessing this feature will eventually happen, however, as much as I’d like your business, I’m not going to lead you on with false promises.

If your situation with free space on the SSD changes, and you want to give Roon a spin again, just let us know… we’ll reinstate your trial.

6 Likes