Cancelling Qobuz - will it mess up my Roon library/database?

Hi all,

I am thinking of signing up for Qobuz but am hesitant to do so as I am concerned deleting any Qobuz entries (added to my Roon library) from my Roon library, IF I were to cancel my Qobuz subscription, would mess up the database.

Does anyone have any experience with this?

Many thanks!

You don’t have to worry, it will not ‘corrupt’ your database.
You can easily test/check for yourself by logging out of Qobuz in Settings-Services-Qobuz Edit-Logout.
All your Qobuz albums will disappear in Album browser.
logging back in, they will instantanously be back.
Of course, when you cancel your subscription, you will not be able to login again, and your Qobuz albums/playlists will be gone.

Dirk

In the album browser, select all the Qobuz albums (using a Focus) and export to an Excel spreadsheet.
Then you have a list, and can get them from somewhere else.

I do that monthly, from both Tidal and Qobuz, just in case either of them disappears.

1 Like

Someone correct me if I am wrong but if your Qobuz (or Tidal) subscription runs out you can still remain logged in and your albums will still appear but you just can’t play them.

You can have an account with Qobuz without a streaming subscription.
So you cân indeed stay logged in.
I don’t if your ‘previous’ streaming albums remain visible , but why would one want that?
Dirk

Thanks all!

In terms of local storage - does Qobuz only stream from THEIR servers or does Roon download a local copy to my hard drive (not sure if FLACs do DRMs so prob not?)?

Qobuz albums and tracks are streamed only - no local copy is downloaded into Roon. If you have added any Qobuz albums to your Library, then Roon holds the metadata on these albums in its database on your Core, but no music files are downloaded.

Presumably if you take a break for a few months or so from Qobuz/Tidal and then resubscribe, Roon will still have the details of the albums you added to Roon?

Yep, it worked for me, provided you resuscribe with the same account to Qobuz/Tidal.
NB: you probably know this but there’s and app to move your favorites from a streaming service to the other, soundiiz.com

1 Like

Thanks! Was hoping that was the case. I am aware of soundiiz, but haven’t used it yet, as moving to Qobuz is a good opportunity to get rid of all the detritus I have accumulated on Spotify.