Cannot access Nucleus interface

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)
Roon Nucleus, No idea about build as cant access the interface.

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)
Gigabit ethernet.

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Description Of Issue
I have recently purchased a Roon Nucleus and wish to access the Roon OS Management Interface.

I have followed the KB instructions and can get the “Roon” header on a black background in Firefox and Safari via the ethernet LAN and also on iPhone via WiFi and in each case these show up in “Displays” … but where do i go from there?

All I have is a static header display … what am I missing?

Thanks.
Thanks for your help.

You should be able to get there using the roon remote settings area under setup and configure button to list the nucleus

Or are you trying to have Roon display what’s playing to a device

Thanks guys … if I do that I get an error message:

An error occurred during a connection to 192.168.x.x PR_END_OF_FILE_ERROR
The page you are trying to view cannot be shown because the authenticity of the received data could not be verified.
Please contact the website owners to inform them of this problem.

Thoughts? Thanks in advance.

Thanks. Unfortunately I get the same message with either or both quit. :unamused:

When you try to access the web interface make sure you are not using http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:9100/display/. The management interface is found directly after the IP eg: http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
The first of these options is in relation to Chromecast and the latter for management interface. Was confusing for me in the beginning…
However I’m not sure this is the problem you are addressing…

Thanks - same issue unfortunately.
Cheers

Hi @Mark_Stewart,

Is the behavior the same if you use Chrome to try to access the Nucleus via IP address instead?

Hi @noris
No, I don’t use any Google product due to the security and privacy issues. I have tried IPScanner and Tor as well as Safari and Firefox - again no access.
I have taken the Nucleus back to the retailer now due to its Airplay failures and this issue - he tells me I am not the first.
Its a good concept, but I think a few bugs in the Nucleus need sorting ASAP.

Hi @Mark_Stewart,

Sorry to hear that you returned the Nucleus. It’s hard to say what exactly happened here since you returned it, but if you were by any chance using a VPN it could have interfered with accessing the WebUI (I saw you mentioned Tor above).

In either case, I don’t think there’s anything further we can do without the Nucleus being present for troubleshooting this issue, so I will go ahead and close this thread out. If you have any further issues please do feel free to reach out again and we can take another look, thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.