Cannot access Roon

Roon Core Machine

Innuos ZenMini (running v1.4.9)

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Standard issue Sky (broadband provider) router (I’m in the UK)
ZenMini connected to router via Ethernet cable
Roon Core (i.e. ZenMini) connected to 3 end points:

• USB to PlatinHub (feeding Buchardt A-500 active speakers)
  • USB to RME ADI-2 DAC (headphone amp)
  • WiFi to Naim Uniti Atom (in different room)

Connected Audio Devices

3 end-points connected as above

Library Size

Circa 1,000 CDs / 10,000 tracks

Description of Issue

Returned from a 2 week holiday today. Played some tracks to the Buchardt A-500 using Roon but noticed it said there was a problem with the Tidal log-in (which I ignored as, after the 3 month trial, I cancelled my subscription - I use Qobuz instead). I then tried to use Roon again about 2 hours later - Roon loaded but couldn’t see any end points. I checked the software versions and realised I wasn’t on the latest Innuos version so installed this. After this (and multiple reboots) Roon now does not even load (from all of the 3 controllers I use: iPad, iPhone, MacBook Air) despite being on the latest version of both Innuos and Roon software (on all devices).

I have since (the subsequently closed) thread on the Tidal issue but I cannot find a way to delete my Tidal account (Innuos devise as Roon core is not 1 of the use cases) so am stuck as to what to do next.

Many thanks in advance.

Jonathan

You should contact Innuos about how to get access to the Roon files so you can delete the Tidal account file or how to do a clean reinstall of Roon on your server (I hope you have a backup before doing so). Read also:

The relevant section from the last document is:

Hi @Jonathan_Smith1, any change after trying this?

• Exit out of Roon/Roon Server
  • Navigate to your Roon Database Location - Database\Registry\Core
  • Locate your tidal_account file and delete it
  • Try to start Roon again

Hello Dylan: thanks for chiming in. As the ZenMini use case isn’t covered by the linked instructions (i.e. how to delete the tidal_account file)I have contacted Innuos. They tell me that I can’t do it myself and have to arrange a remote support call (where I’m guess they access my PC). I’m hoping to do that tomorrow and will see if this addresses the issue. I’ll report back either way.

Do you have any idea when a permanent fix for this will be released? It’s frustrating as, after the initial trial period, I hadn’t even purchased a Tidal subscription - and it appears that an unused Tidal account is the source of the issue.

Hi @Jonathan_Smith1, we have a ticket in for this to fix more permanently , so this shouldn’t be a problem moving forward. Apologies for the trouble!

Quick update: I had a support call with Innuos today and they deleted the offending Tidal file (it was actually a “sync” file) and I can now see all my end points via Roon. Excellent support from Innuos btw.

Dylan - any idea on the timescale for permanent fix being released?

1 Like

Glad to hear that you’re back up and running now, @Jonathan_Smith1! I don’t have any specific timelines I can provide just yet — I know it’s something we are hoping to have resolved soon, but I can’t provide specifics just yet.