Cannot activate Arc and Roon 2.0

Roon Core Machine

I have a Roon Nucleus Plus. Latest software.

Networking Gear & Setup Details

My network setting is the following one:
Modem Router 4G ZTE.
Ethernet connection to a WiFi router Orbi.
The Roon Server (Nucleus+) is connectedvia Ethernet to the Orbi WiFi router.

Connected Audio Devices

Number of Tracks in Library

Cannot configure Arc.

{
“connectivity”: {“status”:“NetworkError”,“status_code”:504,“error”:“error: Error: ETIMEDOUT, response code: undefined, body: undefined connected? undefined”},
“external_ip”: {“actual_external_ip”:“xxxx”,“router_external_ip”:null},
“natpmp_autoconfig”: {“status”:“NotFound”},
“upnp_autoconfig”: {“server_ip”:“192.168.1.1”,“found_upnp”:true}
}

Description of Issue

1 Like

Same problem.

Hi @Alfonso_Fuggetta and @Ad_Avontuur1,

I’m not an expert on this topic, but i think if you create a port forwarding in the WIFI Router ORBI that will do the trick.

First in the Roon App go to settings -->Roon ARC and below in the popup you will find the IP address of your Roon Core and the port number ARC is looking for.

Take a look at this video on how to create manually a port forwarding on the WIFI Router ORBI.

It’s always a good idea to take some screenshots of the situation the router is in before you make changes.

When you did the port forwarding, test it in the Roon App. If the same message appear, it’s a good idea to reboot your core (that did the trick for me).

I hope this helps.

Kind regards,

Maarten.

Hi @Alfonso_Fuggetta,

Thanks for your patience as we get things sorted. Did Maarten’s suggestion help out with the issues you’ve been seeing?

If not, just let me know and we’ll continue troubleshooting!

Thanks,

nathan

I tried but it did not work.

Alfonso

You seem to mention you have two routers in your setup you isp one and the orbi.Is the isp one in modem mode or is the the orbi in bridge mode? You may need to configure both routers to port forward the port. Your isp router willl need to forward it to the ip of the orbi, then the orbi configured to forward to the ip of your core.

I configured both routers to forward to the roon port. Does not work.

A.

I think the first router needs to port forward to the second router. Then, the second router needs to port forward to Roon. Those probably aren’t going to be the same ports.

I hope the people in Roon will provide some support. They cannot seriously believe that a customer has to be an expert in network configuration to operate Arc.

A.

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.