Cannot add or delete track (actual file, not streaming)

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

NUC 8i3, Roon 1.7, no general problems observed

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

NUC hard-wired into Netgear Orbi

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Devialet hard-wried into Orbi

Description Of Issue

This post refers to software files on a music server, NOT to a Tidal or Qobuz or other streaming track. I’m fairly technically literate, but every part of this is a mess! Thanks for any help available!

1. Loaded album of 12 ALAC files on music server. Forced re-scan. Track 1 was missing.
  2. Deleted Track 1 from server. Re-ripped Track 1. Added new rip to music server. Forced re-scan.
  3. Track 1 appears to load properly but Roon reports it’s corrupt. Re-analyzed track, no change. Track 1 plays in Roon with significant distortion. HOWEVER — it plays from the server through my Mac just fine. Weird. Deleted from Roon and from server. Re-ripped, added new rip, forced re-scan.
  4. Track 1 now loads as a separate album. Attempt to Merge albums through Editor. Editor adds one track to 11 tracks and confirms that I want a single album with 11 tracks. (Really.) Merging does nothing.
  5. Track 1 will not play in its own album. (Roon reports, “Nothing playing.”) Tried importing all 12 tracks to iTunes just for giggles. All tracks import and play properly, so there seems to be nothing wrong with the Track 1 file itself.
  6. Deleted track from Roon and from server. Forced re-scan. Track appears in Roon again as a separate album, but still does not play. “File Info” reports: “No Info. Track not in your library.” It’s right there on the screen, honest.
  7. Selected album with only Track 1. Edit > Delete Album. No effect. The album stays right there.
  8. Ran “Library Maintenance,” cleaning up deleted files and files not associated with a storage location. Library Maintenance reports 0 errors. Track 1 remains, does not play.
  9. Rebooted Roon. No changes.
  10. Log files here: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/frd2dt1sqsvjb5z/AAAy13tCjsgj80lnziJPFzbta?dl=0

Let me know if I’ve missed something. Grateful for any help. Thank you!

Just in case this helps somebody down the line, rebooting the Rock core deleted the bad track. It also deleted the good track, which I then reloaded successfully. Case closed, for now at least.

Hi @phantomtides,

Sorry for the delayed response here! I’m glad you were able to get things resolved. If you see any issues return please let us know!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.