Cannot Add to Library or "heart" an artist

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Core is 2017 iMac i5 with 8g RAM. Roon V1.7 build 537 stable.

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Charter/Spectrum router hardwired to iMac cat6 ethernet cable. 100M load speed.
I am running Roon Server.

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

One Roon endpoint Oppo UDP-205 Universal player

Description Of Issue

I cannot add any album/artist to library from within Roon. Consequently I cannot “heart” any artist.
I get the message"seems to be taking longer than expected" but it never adds to library.
If I add to library from Tidals desktop app, it DOES appear in Roon.

I completely uninstalled, then reinstalled Roon and the problem still exists
I`m stumped.
Jeff.

Hello @Jeff_Swanson, and thanks for posting! Are you having this issue with any album you try to add to your library or certain album in particular? Have you tried signing out and back into TIDAL via Roon?

Thank you for responding. Yes, I cannot add ANY album to library from within Roon.
If I add an album from Tidals desktop app, it DOES show up in Roon afterwards.
I logged out, then back in to Tidal. Rebooted iMac, Roon, Tidal, Router. The problem still exists.
Still stumped,
Jeff

Hello @Jeff_Swanson, are the items you’re trying to click the heart on part of your library? Items outside of your library cannot be hearted.

I never see a heart. When I click add to library I see this

Nothing is ever added to library

Hello @Jeff_Swanson, I happened to notice that in your first post you said you were running build 537. Could you please update to 610 and let me know if the issue occurs?

Well that’s just it. I think this is the root of my problem. I can’t update…

When I click update, It goes through the download process (downloading update)
then I get “installing update”. About half way though I get the following…

![IMG_0603|375x500]

I don’t know why I get this message. Everything on my home network works perfectly
including streaming through Roon (Tidal and Qobuz).

I will mention again that I totally deleted Roon and reinstalled with the same problem.
I will also mention that I am running Roon Server. If I quit Roon Server, Roon cannot find my Core
and then I don’t know what to do.

Thank you,
Jeff

Hello @Jeff_Swanson, are you able to install on top of the existing instance using this link? Please make a backup before doing so and let me know how it goes! Alternatively, disabling your firewall/antivirus might let Roon Server update normally.

Hello. I reinstalled Roon on top of current version per your link, I get the same error.
I cannot update Core to build 610. My firewall is and has been turned off.
I tried using both hardwired ethernet connection as well as wireless.
This is frustrating.
Thank you, Jeff

Hello @Jeff_Swanson, is this iMac a RoonBridge instance? If so, we will be updating to 571, not 610 my apologies. Either way, since you aren’t able to update I’m going to enable diagnostics for your account and discuss the report with my team so we can get a closer look at whats going on. I’ll return once I have their feedback.

I am not running RoonBridge. Never have.

The part I don’t understand is that I completely uninstalled Roon by dragging the app to
the trashcan and dragged my “Roon Library” folder to the trashcan as well.
I then downloaded the Roon App off the website and reinstalled. I still ended up with build 539.
Not 610. I`m confused.
Thank you for your ongoing help,
Jeff

Hello @Jeff_Swanson, could you please visit “Settings>About” one more time so Roon will check for an update and then 7use the directions found here and send us over a set of logs using a shared Dropbox link.

I really don’t know how to use Dropbox.I`ve tried for hours. I have the Roon.zip log files in Dropbox but I don’t know what to do with them. There is no “create link” option I tried “sharing” those files to this message but permission was denied/ Very limited computer knowledge.
I just want to listen to music.

How can I completely delete Roon and Roon Server and start over? Although I have tried that and still end up with build 537.

Thank you,
Jeff Swanson

MacOS Mohave. 10.14.6

Hello @Jeff_Swanson, could you please upload your logs here and reply to this thread when you’ve had a chance to do so?

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.