Cannot connect Chord Qutest dac

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Musical paradise berry server/windows 10/intelceleron/8 gb ram/roon version 1.7 build 511 (64 bit)

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Bt smart hub 2/ultra fast fibre broadband )>100 mbs / connected via wifi

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

chord qutest dac connected to Musical paradise server via usb.

Description Of Issue

The chord qutest appears on Roon for a second or so, but screen repeatedly refreshes to another view. It is not possible to select the chord dac in the setup area

I have taken a video of the screen issue but cannot upload here. The same issue occurs when I use the Roon app on my phone to access Roon

Hi @stuart_brady,

Can you please upload the video to Dropbox / Google Drive / Send.firefox.com and private message me a link (click my name -> message)?

Also, can you confirm you have the newest driver installed on this PC from Chord’s website?

Hi Norris

Yes I did have the latest driver from Chord. However, what I did discover was I had a few additional applications from Foobar and Jriver and associated drivers. When I uninstalled these, my Chord dac could be selected and it’s working fine. It must have been one of these other applications that was causing the issue. As i don’t use them anyway, it was no problem to delete

Many thanks

Stuart

1 Like

Hi @stuart_brady,

Glad to hear the issue is resolved without those drivers!

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.