Cannot connect iPhone XR as a Remote Controller

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

HP Pavilion PC - running Windows 10 - Roon downloaded tonight (don’t know build number)

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

WiFi running from BT Whole Home Mesh Roon Core IP address and Remote IP address are on th esame network. Firewall is turned off and Roon set to allow remote input.

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Bluesound Pulse Mini 2i - on WiFi

Description Of Issue

Cannot use iPhone XR (running iOS 14.0.1) as a Remote Controller. the Remote Controller will not detect the Roon Core.
Both devices have been restarted, but still nothing.

You might try deleting the Roon app from the phone and reinstall it. Also, make sure you are using the proper WIFI channel on your phone, either 5 or 2.4. My iPhone 11 Pro Max running 14.0.1 works OK.

Thanks Jim.

I had already deleted the app and re-installed twice, tonight, it without success. But just tried it again, and it gave me the new option that started in iOS 14, about allowing the app to connect to network devices (don’t recall that coming up previously) . I clicked on “okay” (or whatever it said) and got connected immediately.

2 Likes

Hello @ax10,

Since allowing Roon network access, are you able to connect to your Core from the iPhone without any further issues?

Yes, thanks. All is working well now.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.