Cannot connect NAS drive

Hi I have a windows 10 NUC - and a WDMyCloud 4Tb … I had to do a repair - and reinstall windows 10. I now have everything connected again and installed - I can see my nas and enter it in windows 10 explorer to see my library fine…

Entered Roon setup but it will not accept the network share…no matter what. Please bear in mind I have successfully done it before. For some reason my network has come back as Network 2 in windows … does this have anything to do with it…??? There appears to be no network 1. I have tried disabling the anti virus… etc can anyone help this is driving me insane…

From the web:

Network 2 is just the name Windows gives to your network adapters, and sometimes after re-installing them it tends to name them Network 2, Network 3 etc. Refer to the following methods in the order in which they are presented and check.

Method 1:

I would suggest you to check the network adapter status in the device manager. If you find multiple Network adapter in device manager, uninstall them and restart the computer.

a. Press Windows key and X key together then click on Device Manager .

b. If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

c. In Device Manager , Click on view tab and select “ show hidden devices ”.

d. Locate and expand the Network adapter .

e. Right click on Network adapter device and click on uninstall

f. Restart the computer and check.

Method 2:

If the issue still persists run the following commands, restart the computer and check.

a. Press “ Windows Key + Q ” button from the keyboard.

b. Type “ Command Prompt ” without quotes in the search box.

c. On the left pane, right click on the “Command Prompt” option and select “ Run as Administrator ”.

ipconfig /release

ipconfig /renew

ipconfig /flushdns

netsh winsock reset all

netsh int ip reset all

While you are waiting:

Excerpt from FAQ: I’m having trouble setting up my NAS

Configuring a WD My Cloud for SMB

The WD My Cloud is not a full featured NAS device, but it can be supported by adding a folder in Roon’s settings and entering your credentials and the network path. It would look something like this:

smb://ip address/share/folder

So for example, it might look like this:

smb://10.0.1.2/music/Roon

This ensures that your share is always mounted by Roon, bypassing the OS X Finder altogether. If you don’t know your My Cloud IP address, you can find it in your My Cloud dashboard.

Failing that, you can try these instructions for mounting your NAS as a startup item, just replace afp:// in the article with smb://

Unless I misunderstood, I don’t think he changed anything on the NAS, only his Windoze box.

Hi @Richard_Wilkinson,

Instead of using the hostname for the WDDrive, are you able to connect via IP address as a temporary test? It is possible that your PC is unable to resolve the hostname with the adapter 2 that is showing up, and verifying if things are stable via IP is a good test.

I would also make sure that you input any username and password for that NAS if you have one set up and check to see if you can connect to the NAS from Windows Explorer. Please let me know if that helps.

Thanks,
Noris

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.