Cannot connect to core build 528

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Mac mini 2018 Catalina

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Mac mini on ethernet

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Usb out to gustard u16

Description Of Issue

Roon remote on my android phone cannot connect to core when the Mac mini is on idle mode (roon not playing) or as soon as it turns off the display for power save. The issue started after I upgraded from build 521 to 528 on core and remote. Anyway to downgrade to 521?

Hi @In_Seng_Ooi,

Downgrading versions of Roon is not supported, but I’d be happy to take a look at what we can do to help on the current version.

When the display turns off or the Mac Mini is idle, did you set it to also turn off the hard drive? Does the entire computer go to sleep?

Hi thanks for responding bro this.
I did not change any setting before and after the upgrade of 528. Under the Mac mini energy saver setting, “put hard disks to sleep when possible” is ticked by default. “Prevent computer from sleeping automatically when display is off” is not ticked by default.

Hi @In_Seng_Ooi,

Can you try checking this option to see if there’s any change in behavior?

Tried changing the setting but it didn’t help. However I managed to resolve the issue by clean reinstall both core and remote. It works well now. Thanks for the advice anyway

Hi @In_Seng_Ooi,

Glad to hear that a reinstall of Roon Core and Remote has resolved this behavior. If you have any other issues please do let us know!

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Mac mini 2018 Catalina

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Mac mini on ethernet

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Usb out to gustard u16

Description Of Issue

Roon remote on my android phone cannot connect to core when the Mac mini is on idle mode (roon not playing) or as soon as it turns off the display for power save. The issue started after I upgraded from build 521 to 528 on core and remote. I initiated a thread on the exact same issue 2weeks ago and I reported it was resolved by clean reinstall both remote and core. But unfortunately the same issue came back yesterday.

Hi @Noris, I have another thread on tidal cannot play which you requested the diagnostic logs. I will try to provide… probably you could look at the log for this issue too. Honestly I have been working most of the time trouble shooting roon rather than listening to music. This is after build528…none of these with build 521.

Hi @In_Seng_Ooi,

I have merged your report into the existing thread. Has anything changed since the issue went away? Did you modify any power saver settings?