Cannot connect to Roon running on Windows 10

@support,

We cannot connect via Roon Remote via a Samsung Galaxy Tab S or an iPad Pro. Both are compatible devices.

Roon is running on an HP notebook with Windows 10 Home edition. The HP computer is connected via WiFi (signal is good).

The Galaxy/iPad Pro both show the details of Roon Core on the W10 computer so we suspect it isn’t a firewall issue, but we’re not sure.

The anti-virus on the PC is McAfee - the firewall is controlled by McAfee too. I’ve tried allowing Inbound connections but it made no difference. No doubt others have experienced similar issues. We haven’t tried turning off the F/W altogether. Any ideas?

@Keith_Morris It has to be worth turning off the firewall and the antivirus, if it works you will know where to look if not then it eliminates them and helps further troubleshooting.

Russ

1 Like

Hi @Keith_Morris ---- Thank you for the report and sharing the details of your setup with us.

As Russ has suggested, temporarily disabling any firewalls or antivirus applications is a good starting point here. When you are noticing this behavior, what is being displayed on the Galaxy Tab S and iPad Pro, can you provide a screenshot? Furthermore, and this may seem elementary, but do you have your core set to “accept connections from remotes” (Settings - > Setup)?

Lastly, can you please provide me with a brief but accurate description of your current network configuration/topology being sure to provide insight into any networking hardware you may be implementing. I want to have a clear understanding of how your device are communicating and what tools are being used to make those connections possible.

-Eric