Roon Core Machine

V2.0 Build 1169
Windows 10 Home Version 1511 Build 10586.164 i7 16GB

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Connected Audio Devices

Number of Tracks in Library

Description of Issue

After upgraded Roon Core and Client to v2.0
1169, Roon failed to search and returned the error “Cannot connect to Roon search”

Which roon version are you running? Do you have a large library?
Are you experiencing any other issues with connectivity?

Roon core and client are both V2.0 Build 1169. Search function worked fine across all devices (PC, android mobile phone and android tablet) until I updated to latest build 1169.

Any update on this issue? I still cannot search in Roon. Thanks

Any update on this search issue? I still cannot search after upgraded to build 1169. Thanks

You might be having an outdated .net framework version running on your machine. Can you please ensure that you have the latest runtime and restart roon? Download .NET Framework 4.8 | Free official downloads

EDIT:
It’s not a minimum requirement, but it might help, at least until the next update is out.

Do you mean to upgrade to .Net Framework 4.8 on Roon core server ? It’ s strange that it worked fine until I upgraded to Roon V2.0 Build 1169.

Yes, that would be the fastest solution. Otherwise you’ll unfortunately have to wait a few days for the next update

Windows 10 v1511 can’t upgrade .NET Framework to version 4.8. This problem has similar root cause to previous critical issues with no function available in older .NET Framework version as below.

12/10 01:38:33 Critical: [search] error performing instant search: System.MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'System.Collections.Generic.HashSet`1<!!0> System.Linq.Enumerable.ToHashSet(System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerable`1<!!0>)'.
   at Sooloos.Broker.Music.SearchApiConverter.BuildApiSearchRequest(LibrarySearchResults librarySearchResults, List`1 playlists, List`1 tags, Library library)
   at Sooloos.Broker.Music.LibraryApi.<RunInstantSearch>d__6.MoveNext()
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
   at Sooloos.Broker.Music.LibraryApi.<>c__DisplayClass5_0.<<Sooloos-Broker-Api-Library-UnifiedAutocomplete>b__0>d.MoveNext()

I hope next update they will address this issue and resolve Roon Search being broken with workaround solutions from using different implementations for older .NET framework version.

1 Like

I have the same problem since update done

Hi @a_m2 & @Mandy_Fairley ,

Are you still seeing this issue at the present time?

Seems like this article is a year old - still, I am now having this issue. any update for 2023?

Please open a new support ticket, so that we can look at the problem in isolation. Please do write are you having the issue all the time, or just with some queries.