Roon Core Machine

Gigabyte Z170 Gaming 7 mainboard, i7 6700k, 32gb ddr4 3600

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Integrated Intel Nic, wired

Connected Audio Devices

n/a

Number of Tracks in Library

Description of Issue

If I install RoonServer (RoonServerInstaller64.exe) and restore the database, I cannot connect, and I see this in the logs on the core when trying to connect with RoonRemote from my workstation:
failed: System.Exception: got unexpected broker id

If I install Roon with the GUI on my core (RoonInstaller64.exe), and restore the DB, I can connect from other PCs with Roon Remote just fine.
It only fails to connect using the RoonServer with no GUI.

Also, RoonServer doesn’t appear to be scanning/parsing the library on my NAS since I only see RoonAppliance.exe using 47MB of RAM, but the full installer uses up about 1GB of RAM and can see and play the media fine from the NAS just fine with RoonRemote on my workstation.

After uninstalling and re-installing a few times, now the full client and the server install won’t work, and restoring a backup just brings me back to the login screen after a relaunch.

Help…

My issue looks identical to this in behavior only since I’m on Windows and we to a new PC on the same version as the backup.

Hi @Mark_Balcerak ,

Thanks for reaching out. We are aware of this behavior and we have a ticket in regarding this, but we have found that performing a reboot of the Roon Core after restoring the database resolves this issue.

Can you please confirm if you are seeing the same on your end? I will add your report and logs to the current ticket in the meantime, thanks!

Rebooting, importing, and relaunching then authorizing the new PC worked.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.