Networking Gear & Setup Details

Netgear Nighthawk C1200
Orbi RBR750

Connected Audio Devices

Naim Uniti Atom connect to Orbi

Number of Tracks in Library

68, 520 Tracks

Description of Issue

Roon will not connect. The bar (thin line) with the track name is in motion going back and forth, but Roon does not connect. It worked fine until this week. Problem after last up-date.
I get an error saying “track is not available from Qobuz”, but I am trying to play from my library.

Thank you

Hi @Armando_Sanchez,

Thank you for your patience in waiting for a response.

I would like to help and to do so, will need some additional information.

When you say that Roon will not connect, is this happening on your Roon Core or on your Roon Remote instances? Both?

One of the things I am seeing in looking at your account is that your iPhone labeled as “iPhone 2” has two different local IP schemes associated with it. A 10.x.x.x scheme as well as a 192.168.x.x scheme. This indicates that you have both an Xfinity Gateway modem/router combo as well as a traditional router. I too had this exact same setup and have had these issues! I resolved them by putting the Xfinity Gateway into bridge mode. It eliminates the competing broadcasting Wi-Fi networks and also prevents Roon and other applications attempting to utilize two competing networks.

A good first step is to set that Xfinity modem/router combo into bridge mode and see if it resolves your issues. Please let me know how things go. I’ll be monitoring your post here and will look forward to your response!

Thanks,
Wes

Hi Wes,
Thank you for the response. Sorry for my delayed response.
We are making progress. It looks like part of the problem is that the Xfinity unit was turned off for some reason. So Roon is now connecting.

However, Roon will still not sync to Qobuz, not can I add it under “Services” in Roon. I have gone into Qobuz to make sure that i have the account is in good standing and the user ID and password are correct. When I try to add Qobuz in Roon, I get the following error:

c644376f76e6eeb2ce4cbac9f1c829dc0011c616

Roon will not let me add Qobuz.
Thank you,
Armando

Hi Wes,

I experimented more and could not log-in to Qobuz from Roon. Qobuz works on my iMac and iPhone.

More questions:

1. In the Qobuz desktop app, I was getting an error about Music downloads. I am using a Mac Mini as my core and storing music files there. What is the best path for Music Downloads? I have just setup “/Volumes/armandosanchez/Music/Music/Qobuz/Import/”
  2. Why Can’t I login to Qobuz through Roon?
  3. Next subject - is there any information on the best way to setup a Mac Mini Core/Storage? What apps can I delete if I only use the Mini for Roon?

Thank you,
Armando

Hi Wes,
I somehow got it working. I am not sure what I did that worked. Now that it is working, i’d like to focus on a few questions from above:

1. Where should i direct Downloads from Qobuz to integrate into my Roon Library? Currently, I have just setup “/Volumes/armandosanchez/Music/Music/Qobuz/Import/
  2. Is there any information on the best way to setup a Mac Mini Core/Storage? What apps can I delete if I only use the Mini for Roon?

I have been running pretty well since January, this is the first time I have had an issue.
Thank you for the support as i am not a Tech Person (just a music lover),
Armando

1 Like

@Armando_Sanchez,

We’re all music lovers so you’re in good company!

One of the first things you can try for any similar issue is to restart your router and your core. I’m guessing you did one of those to correct the problem. Sometimes the connection can get stuck in a dead state and stay that way until the core is restarted.

As for your other questions, here are my thoughts:

1. I like the way you’re segregating your Qobuz downloads. I would organize things in a similar fashion as well. As long as Roon is set to watch the folder (Settings>Storage) it should import everything you download and will see those files just as it would see them in any other storage location.

2. Deleting applications won’t change anything as far as Roon is concerned unless you’re running out of space for your local files. However, just like with Windows, MacOS has startup items. You can check what is starting up by going to system preferences>users and groups>then click the login items tab to see what is starting when MacOS starts. Lightening if not eliminating the things that start up will give Roon access to additional system resources.

Thanks,
Wes

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.