Cannot connect to Synology NAS after last update (build 667)

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)
Mac Mini 10.13.6
I5 intel 16Gb RAM
1.7 build 667

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Cisco Router and LAN
Core is connected to router with ethernet cable
Synology NAS DS215+

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

sms - 200 ultra neo - connected via ethernet
USB cable
mutec MC3+
DAC - Mark Levinson

Description Of Issue

Problems started right after last update. I lost connection to my whole NAS library, and cannot add any folder from NAS. I cleared cache, rebooted everything twice, @support
This shouldnt happen!!! Please help

Pawel

Hi @Pawel_Rybak,

If you try to connect to the Synology using IP address instead of hostname, does that work as expected?

Can you please use these instructions to send the logs from your Mac Mini over to me?

Hi Noris!
When using IP instead of hostname there is a slight change- an icon “Adding…” appears.
It keeps spinning for a while and then a red alert shows: Invalid path…
Can I go back to earlier build?
I cannot acces my library… at all
Pawel
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Jq-qJ3qAT_YzTAHq-rwFnoKZSH7UA2yN/view?usp=sharing

1 Like

Hi there! @noris
Any progress on my case? Can You tell me how can I downgrade to previous build?
Pawel

Hi @Pawel_Rybak,

Thank you for sending those logs over and for your patience while I had a chance to review!

Downgrading is not supported but I do believe I see a few possible causes of the issue here.

The reason you are getting this is because you entered an incomplete address, according to the mount you were missing a backslash for the IP. I would try this IP: \\192.168.1.102\music or smb://192.168.1.102/music

1. If the above IP does not help, then we can move on to the next area to investigate, which according to your log looks like you are getting failed to connect to CIFS storage: Error connecting to network share: 68, which sounds like the similar behavior from this thread:

Do any of the suggestions above help resolve the issue?
Please let me know!

Hi @noris
It works! You solved it! Thank You!
Pawel

1 Like

Hi @Pawel_Rybak,

That’s fantastic news, happy to help!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.