Cannot connect to the Nucleus Web Administrative Interface. Roon cannot connect to my Nucleus after attempting upgrade

Roon Core Machine

Roon Nucleus Rev B

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Connected Audio Devices

Bryston BR20 connected to the Roon Necleus via USB

Number of Tracks in Library

Description of Issue

My Roon was working fine using my ipad as a Roon remote. Then I kept getting this message that siad that not all of my devices were up to date. So I eventually clicked on Upgrade. That is when my problems started. Now my ipad doesn’t seem to be able to connect with my Roon core (nucleus) consistently. It connects briefly and then loses the connection. I haven’t changed anything with my internet. When it does connect I try to upgrade the firmware by going into Settings → Setup → Find Roon OS and I click on Find. Then it pops up searching and then disconnects and says Lost Connection!

I need help my Roon is currently unusable. I wish I had not clicked on Update or whatever it was.

Can you open the Nucleus web interface at http://nucleus.local?

What build does it show?

Yes. Version 1.0 (build 227) stable

Should I reinstall?

What build does it show for Roon server, and is it running?

Yes running.

Roon Labs Software
OK
Version 1.0 (build 12) stable.
Running 4 hours, 38 minutes, 0 seconds.

That doesn’t look right. Roon Server Software should be similar to Version 1.8 (build 931) stable. Operating System is likley Version 1.0 (build 227) stable.

Can you share a screenshot?

Roon Server Software uptime of just 0 minutes and 3 seconds?
That’s a concern for sure.

I suggest the first step is to reinstall the Operating System of the Nucleus, by clicking the Reinstall button shown on the Web Administration screen showing in your screenshot.

If that does not stop the Roon Server software from constantly restarting by itself, then it’s possible that this is being caused by Roon’s database becoming corrupted. If you have a backup of the database, follow the steps given for the Nucleus in this article to create a fresh database and restore the backup to it:

1 Like

Ok I reinstalled the Operating System of the Nucleus and it said it was a successful update (new screenshot below). However that did not solve the problem. So I followed the procedure for creating a new database and that worked.

So everything is back up and running fine now, thank you for the assistance.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.