Cannot Download Playlists

Hi all - Not sure if I am at the right thread. My issue is that I cannot download my Roon Playlist (all tracks local - in my library - nothing from Tidal) - approx. 600 tracks - to my ARC on Andorid phone (Samsung G22 Ultra). I receive a message “Download could not be initiated - Please try again”. No issue on space…Can someone help please? Thank you !

@Georg_Apostolellis, I have moved you post to a new #support thread since it is preferred that way.

To receive appropriate help, it would be really helpful if you could complete the template provided below. Please be sure to include details of your core, network, storage location of your media files, and any messages displayed by Roon. Thank you.

Roon Core Machine

<!‐-Include your operating system and machine info (Model, CPU, RAM)-‐>
<!‐-Write below this line-‐>

Networking Gear & Setup Details

<!‐-Your network gear (model of routers/switches) and if on WiFi/Ethernet, are you using VPN-‐>

Connected Audio Devices

<!‐-Specify what devices you’re using and their connection types, like USB/HDMI/Chromecast, etc.)-‐>

Number of Tracks in Library

<!‐-Tell us how large your music library is, eg. “30,000 tracks”-‐>

Description of Issue

<!-‐Tell us about the problem you’re having in as much detail as possible. Screenshots are always appreciated!-‐>

Including these details in your first post helps resolve your issues faster.

Roon Core Machine

Intel NUC i7 -16GB Ram

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Core connected on Router via Switch - No VPN

Connected Audio Devices

Library located on Melco NAS - approx. 3,000 albums - Melco also used as audio device via RME DAC
Also connected Cambridge Audio CXN V2 - Network Player & others

Number of Tracks in Library

3000 Albums approx / 47,000 Tracks

Description of Issue

Installed Roon ARC on Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra - but playlist consisting of appox. 640 tracks cannot be downloaded on phone - getting below

Hi @Georg_Apostolellis,

Thank you for reaching out and filling in the requested fields thoroughly. The team will review diagnostics from ARC and your Core device and circle back shortly with next troubleshooting steps.

In the meantime, can you please clarify the following:

• Does this download error affects all filetypes with local content (FLAC, DSD, mp3, etc.), or is it specific to one type of track?
  • Does this issue occur in ARC when you’re on your local network, or only with cellular data?
  • The screenshot shows dual network connectivity on your S22. Can you please clarify if you’re using a VPN, or have any other custom network setup on this phone that might be interfering with ARC’s connectivity to the Core?

We’ll be on standby for your response.

Thank you for response.

All my tracks in the playlist are FLAC. No other types. There is no issue dowloading albums. Problem is just with playlist containg local tracks. There are none from Qobuz or others. I only use WiFi to download. No VPN.

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.