Cannot enable devices that are connected to my PC [Resolved]

@eric

Hi Team,

I have been using Roon for a while without any major issues.
I installed a new audio card today and on booting up had issues with Roon discovering audio devices connected to my Windows 10 PC. Devices on the network are being discovered just fine.

I installed Roon from scratch and can now see a list of devices that I can enable. However, clicking on enable (tried all 5-6 on the list) results in nothing but a loading screen that goes on loading indefinitely.

Any suggestions? I am on Roon 1.4 (build 310) stable 64 bit and have already done multiple reboots of my PC and Chord Hugo 2;

Thanks,
Nick

Hi @Nick_Yanakiev ---- Thank you for the report and sharing this observation with us. The feedback is very appreciated and sorry to hear of the troubles.

Moving forward, may I very kindly ask you to please verify the make of the audio card you had installed? Just to make sure we are on the same page, you did not notice this behavior until the mentioned card was installed, correct? When you installed Roon from scratch did you reinstall the application itself OR did you start with a totally fresh DB in place?

Additionally, I am going to be enabling diagnostics on your account so our team can have a closer look into this behavior for you. What this action will do is the next time Roon is active on your core machine a diagnostics report containing a set of your Roon logs will automatically be generated/uploaded directly to our servers. I will confirm when the report has been received so you know we have it.

-Eric

@eric

I appreciate the response. I got to the bottom of this on my own as I saw reports of this on the Roon boards before.
The issue had to do with my motherboard’s onboard audio software (name Sonic Studio 3). I got rid of it and now Roon loads every single time.

1 Like

Thanks for the update @Nick_Yanakiev, very pleased to hear that you were able to sort this out :microscope:

Happy listening!
-Eric

This topic was automatically closed after 32 hours. New replies are no longer allowed.