Cannot favorite (click the heart)[Ticket in]

@eric , About 9:30 CT I created a queue, playing as I went along, with some TIDAL cuts, some library. Then this set of observations

At 9:48 CT on “Blackbird” by Joey Alexander (TIDAL) part of a 1.5 hr queue, refused to heart, altho inspection proved it did work. Banning would not have been possible.

At 9:53 am ct on next track added to queue (from my library), refused to heart.

10.02: discovered that LAST ITEM QUEUED was now heartable. Other 8 still in queue not heartable.

10:12 I’d been using MBP for queuing. Cranked up iPad, went to same queue that was playing. Here are the differences:
a. MBP showed all hearts off in queue, iPad all hearts on (that had been previously clicked by me)
b. One track, second latest added, shows banned on iPad and won’t toggle; shows unhearted on MBP

10:14 Current track, Dexters Mood (Tenor Giants), stays hearted for much longer (2 sec) than others, then toggles off. Was doing this earlier while in queue. Couldn’t associate this oddity.

10:19 I stopped playing queue; no change in hearting. Confirmed again that historical plays (not played from queue) that can be hearted (i.e. no TIDALs or compositions) are working.

Tentative conclusions:

• Manipulating hearts of queued tracks are unsuccessful.
  • Hearting previous tracks, played from without the queue, was successful.
  • Hearting subsequent tracks, played from without the queue, was successful.
  • Actually playing the queue, or not, has no effect on hearting.
  • Significant sync issues for queues shown in MBP vs. iPad

Hope this helps.

PS: Since what I would call “history” has been munged with a “queue” some of this description may be a bit murky. Happy to clarify.

1 Like