Cannot find album in Roon

Some screenshots would help
Also filling the missing information

Hi @Steven_Zore,

What did you enter into search? Can you share a screenshot of the results?

Is this a streaming service album or something in your local library?

The name of the album is Terror Dub Exhaust by Bill Laswell

Network is built in wifi on my Motherboard.

basic wireless router installed by cable company.

I have a Yggdrasil DAC and Liquid platinum amp. USB going from mobo to DAC

Audio device=EVGA NU audio card

My music library is on a hard drive on my computer.

I type in either the artist Bill Laswell or the Album name Terror Dub Exhaust And album does not come up

In addition, when I type in Bill Laswell, I get 43 albums

In my Bill Laswell folder I have over 137 albums, yet only 43 comes up in search

Hi @Steven_Zore,

It shows up for me when I do a search for Terror Dub Exhaust, but the artist in our metadata is Automaton and not Bill Laswell.

1. Can you share a screenshot of the search results?
  2. How many albums show when you go to the Bill Laswell artist page (not search results)? There is a chance that some of these albums are also not under Bill Laswell but instead a band that he is a member of.

Even if I do Automaton, it does not come up… perplexing…

Hi @Steven_Zore,

A few questions to clarify:

• Are you using TIDAL and/or Qobuz, or are you using all local files?
  • Can you share a screenshot of Settings > Library > Import Settings?

If you go to the Bill Laswell artist page instead of clicking “View All” for search results, are you able to see all of the albums there?

The name of the album is actually Dub Terror Exhaust. Roon is sometimes not very flexible with misspellings or partially correct data.

It’s in allmusic under its release band name Automaton.
I presume that you want roon to link Bill Laswell with his AKA Automaton to find the album.

I just want to search my library and play an album without it being a 1 month project.

It would be SO EASY if Roon would just let you SEARCH BY FOLDER

But NOOOOOOO Because the developers are a bunch of zealots who insist on not providing this feature because of some ridiculous “Philosophy” about how THEY want ME to enjoy my music…

PATHETIC

When this subscription is done, I will not be buying a lifetime or renewing. I am done with Roon.

Allmusic has it incorrectly attributed to a Seattle band called Automaton. Unfortunately, Bill Lasswell called this incarnation of his band Automaton. Thus the conflation. It should be corrected in Allmusic. BTW, Roon finds it for me every time regardless of how I type it except Terror Dub Exhaust, even Exhaust Terror Dub.

Hi everyone,

I just wanted to let you know we are looking into this with our metadata provider and will update you once we have more information. You have our apologies for the trouble!

Thank you.

Thank you!

2 posts were split to a new topic: Missing George Michael tracks

Our metadata provider has let us know that they have corrected this today. Please give this about a week or two to be reflected within Roon and then let us know if this is looking better for you.

Thanks again for your report!

i have a similar problem. not metadata because the same album not being found in my private collection, is easily found on qobuz. i agree w everyone that if u let us search by folder, this problem could be greatly mitigated. B.XL.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.