Cannot find artists when adding credits

Roon Core Machine

Roon ver. 2.0 (build 1133) production (64bit) PC o.s. Windows 10 Home - ver. 22H2 - 8 GB Ram - Intel(R) Core™ i7-7700 3.60 Ghz

Networking Gear & Setup Details

WiFi on Fiber connection, 100 MB DL / 20 MB DL - Router

Connected Audio Devices

Number of Tracks in Library

82930 tracks

Description of Issue

Hello,
when I need to edit album credits from my hard drive, I search for the artist name and it doesn’t appear as it didn’t exist in Roon’s database while it does. In this way I have to create a new artist who becomes a repeat of the same artist who is complete with photos, data and reviews on Roon’s database. How can I do to avoid it?
Thank you.
Massimo

Hey @Massimo_Giuliacci,

You have my sincerest apologies for the delayed response here, we’ve been dealing with a higher-than-usual volume following our release and we’re working as quickly as we can to get back to everyone.

Following up on this thread, are you able to provide specific examples of the artists you’re having issues with? Providing screenshots would be helpful as well. Do you use any third-party tools to edit your metadata?

You may find useful information from this thread :

Lastly, if you could please fill out the nesseary information on your setup below, that would be helpful:

Roon Core Machine

Include your operating system and machine info (Model, CPU, RAM)

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Your network gear (model of routers/switches) and if on WiFi/Ethernet

Connected Audio Devices

Specify what devices you’re using and their connection types, like USB/HDMI/Chromecast, etc.)

Number of Tracks in Library

Tell us how large your music library is, eg. “30,000 tracks”

Description of Issue

Tell us about the problem you’re having in as much detail as possible. Screenshots are always appreciated!

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.