Cannot get Roon running

Thank you for doing that. I didnt realize that

Hi @Ben_Katz,

Thanks for the timestamps here. Can you send us logs using these instructions? Thanks!

I have tried to do that but I do not get the option zip the folder so I am at a loss.

Hi @Ben_Katz,

No need to send logs, Iā€™ve activated diagnostics mode from our end for your account and what this action does is automatically upload a log set to our servers.

I see that this log report has been delivered, so let me get this over to QA for closer inspection and Iā€™ll let you know once I have their completed report!

Thank you for that!

1 Like

Hi @Ben_Katz,

Thanks for your patience while QA has had a chance to review your logs.

According to the traces we found, it looks like your ROCK is under a heavy load and performing quite a bit of analysis in the background.

Analysis is a resource-intensive process, so as a test, we would like to see if thereā€™s any change in behavior with analysis turned off or throttle.

Can you please open Roon Settings -> Library and set both the Background and On-Demand analysis speed to Off or Throttled and let us know if that helps?

It ran audio analysis (for a month or so) to get all of the tracks analyzed. That has ended so the last few days of listening in the logs were with NO analysis going on but the problems persistedā€¦does that help?

1 Like

They are both off and have been for awhile

Thanks @Ben_Katz, Iā€™ve added this info to your ticket.
Let me discuss with QA if saw any other clues in logs.

I should add another data point. The songs are no longer failing and getting skipped. I am back to having the the error be ā€œlost connection to audio sourceā€ and I have to start the song. Sometimes multiple times in one song.

1 Like

Hi @Ben_Katz,

Thanks for confirming that audio analysis is now turned off. Can you please let me know the exact local time + date + track you experience the next issue? I know you have provided this in the past, but in the previous logs it looked like analysis may have still been ongoing, so now it should be a bit clearer.

Looking over the start of the thread, it doesnā€™t look like we have any networking info, can you please also provide this?

Similarly, it doesnā€™t look like we have the model/manufacturer of the DAC, please also provide this info.

Thanks!

Ok. I will get you more info when I am back in front of the system. The NUC with the Roon Rock installed is connected via CAT 6 to the Verizon router. I assume that is going over wifi after that. The DAC is a pro-ject s2 prebox digital. Does that help? @noris

1 Like

7:10 pm this evening the system stopped while transferring to Roses by Maddie Poppe. Its got he blue light that spans the time slider at the bottom. I cannot pause it. I cannot skip the track so at the moment its crashed. @noris. Still crashed at 7:14 Im going to reboot the server.

October 13th now. Over the last hour or so I am back to having the playback stop and I restart and it stops again. It seems to happen again and again for awhile and then runs ok for a bit @noris. 7:12 pm stopped in the middle of Aimee manns Calling It Quits. Failed again at 714 pm. 7:23 pm in switching to Paul McCartney Despite Repeated Warnings i have the blue bar and nothings playing. It usually takes a few minutes and then starts playing. The server is now as it does does not show the albums. And now it started playing again at 727. 735 pm. The music is playing but I cannot choose another song it just says loading album. It will take a few minutes and now music has stopped switching to Plain White Ts Our Time Nowā€¦same blue sweeping banner in the time bar. 739 the song loaded but it wonā€™t play at all ive hit the start button but nothing is playing. 742 it pooped on is playing. @noris @Rugby @danny is this what you want? Is this helping? Going to reboot the serverā€¦

this is what came up when I rebooted. Waiting for it to get right. The remote gui crashed and was ok when it came back up at 759pm. Around 915pm or so the song stopped and it said ā€œroon has disconnected from the audio deviceā€ and skipped to the next song. Happened a few times

@noris have you seen all the info Iā€™ve gathered? Let me know. Im not sure Iā€™m posting it correctly

Are you seeing this thread? @noris

Hi @Ben_Katz,

Thanks for your patience here and thank you for the timestamps! I can confirm that a log report from your Core has reached our servers and the report is currently with our QA team for review. Once I have more information, we will reach out again, thanks!

Great. I wasnt being impatient i just wanted to make sure you received the input I will update the info when I listen again tomorrow evening if that will help

1 Like

Had the same issues last night and this morning. At approximately 1015am the server crashed (just the half circle with the lines) after about 19 minutes I rebooted its 1050 and Iā€™m still waiting for it to boot. It has gone past the ā€œwaiting for the Roon SERVERā€ and is back to the half circle. Ok server is back up. Thats the longest it has taken to come back. Notable perhaps is that when it came back up it came back to Barbara Streisand which is where I left it last night, not all the listening I did this morningā€¦

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.