Cannot get to tidal version?

Have you checked the Tidal app to see if you are set to Master.

Something is not right.

If you select an album, go Versions, select a MQA version it should say so in your signal path.

The cable should make no difference , it’s in Roon there is no,MQA file selected.

I think you are not selecting MQA files😂

Whilst I am silly on many things but this one is out of my control and I think its a bug.

Please note versions = 2

You’ll see back at the start I had like 18 versions in a ‘group’

I dont like the behaviour at all, why would I want this?. Well anyway it turns out I can edit the album and turn off grouping. I did that and now all version have disappeared and I have just these two, with no tidal version to be seen anywhere.

I am guessing my data base is buggered.

Playing the version that says MQA gives me this

So I can go into this bit where it says 18 and then all the albums are listed but no clue what so ever is given in that view as to what version it is, what a mess. I just want the albums listed in the main view with each version, why is roon making this so hard?

Its neither here nor there when I finally get the right 96 mqa it only plays PCM. so IDK.

Tried Final Cut from tidal at 192k MQA and that defaults to 48 PCM as well. I dont really have any other way to test MQA really so perhaps this is the limit of the dac.

Are you sure you have subscribed to TIDAL’s top tier? I have a feeling you’re on the HiFi one. What is the cost of your monthly sub?

I am on Master quality? I dont know it went down to a tenner or something

Have a look inside your Tidal app and see the streaming quality this is set to.

Where are you located?

UK.

Oh I think you are onto something in tidal it says I am on Hifi not master, which requires tidal + or something.

A bit more digging me thinks. I wonder if they will let me try the PLus version, I’ll see

Its not very clear on what I should get at this price point though what is 1411KBS in terms of 96k MQA?

Hey @Gareth_Irwin,

In checking your account diagnostics TIDAL is actually reporting your account as a premium account, not Master. So you’ll want to log into TIDAL directly and check that. That’s likely to be the cause of your difficulties. It doesn’t look like you’re signed to a Master plan.

The recordings display acts differently than the Versions display.

Thanks for looking Jamie. I am not convinced MQA is worth another tenner of my money though, it was a fun journey today though :slight_smile:

Can I just say its a pleasure having roon, I know I bitch occasionally but its good to have so many options, I have roon endpoints around the house everyone uses it. Nice to have all these choices.

1 Like

Well much like everything in life, if you pay the money you can have what you like!

I did say I had a feeling you were on the HiFi tier and then you said you paid a tenner which only confirmed my suspicion :slight_smile: If you want MQA you need to be on the top tier - HiFi Plus.

1 Like

Well it would appear I can get 48k MQA on hifi, but hey ho will pay for one month for the higher tier. I found the MQA a bit screechy to be honest so probably wont be continuing.
On the basis I cannot use any DSP I think on balance I would prefer DSD, which to my ears softens screechy treble somewhat.

This is opening Pandora’s box LOL. That’s one conversation I would not want to get into. There are several on here discussing why some HiFi tier streams still display MQA :slight_smile:

You can use DSP in Roon with MQA.

Hi Jamie just regarding this, that does not explain why I only have two versions of Animals in my library? I notice on the ‘also in your library’; section it shows three logos, library, MQA and Tidal.

However why are they not listed as versions, i.e 4 versions of the album? What then is the sensible way of getting to the version I want of 2011 remaster, simply clicking it does not give me options

(just looking my personal rips I have three version)

Ah interesting, did not occur to try lol

I only see 1 version of Animals in Tidal, the one you are showing. If you yourself, have 3 different local versions of Animals, then the question becomes is Roon seeing them as equivalents of each other, OR, as different versions altogether.

If you go to Settings/ General and set Show Hidden tracks and albums to YES. Then go to Pink Floyd and look under Overview (Not Discography) for the Albums in my Library section. Does it show all the Animal versions there?

If you do stream MQA and wish to apply Roon DSP, make sure Roon MQA core decode is enabled.