Cannot install 1.4. Error installing update

I am using Roon version 1.3 and keep getting an error installing 1.4. Every time I start the app, I get the option to install the update, and in the middle of the install it stops, saying there was an error installing it. I have never had an issue installing a patch before this one. I have 1.3 after all. Same computer as before.

I am using Windows 10, 64 bit. Core i7 6700, 16GB RAM.
My music is stored on my local C drive but also on an external hard drive connected via USB. This has always been the case before, and no errors have been encountered. Collection size is roughly 55k tracks.

Thank you very much.

Hi @Benjamin_Philippi ----- Thank you for the report and sorry to hear of thee troubles. My apologies for the slow response.

Moving forward, have you tried manually installing the latest version of the application directly from our website? If not, may I kindly ask you to do so and if you are still having troubles please drop a flag for support (i.e @support) and use these instructions to send us over a set of your “Roon” logs.

All the best to you and your family this new year!
-Eric

Eric,

Thank you and my apologies for the delay.

Are you advising me to reinstall Roon on my PC?
Wouldn’t that make me lose all of my metadata that I’ve compiled since Roon has was installed over a year ago?

Best,
Ben

He’s advising you to download the all from the website and install it over your current installation. It’s a different way of updating. It’s not a clean install.

It shouldn’t damage your database at all, but of course you have backups anyway right?