Cannot install on Windows 10 64 bit machine

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)
64 bit. Latest Windows 10. Latest Roon installer 64 bit

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)
Ethernet

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)
Direct PC Audio.

Description Of Issue
I’m new to Roon and tried all the windows installers, both 32 bit and 64 bit, and comes up with error:

“The application was unable to start correctly (0xc000007b). Click OK to close the application.”

Your NET. Framework might be out of date.

I’m new to Roon and tried all the windows installers, both 32 bit and 64 bit, and comes up with error:

“The application was unable to start correctly (0xc000007b). Click OK to close the application.”

• This is not a good start!! I’m on the trial and if I cannot install then you ain’t gonna get my money!

Hello @Christopher_Kelly, I’ve move your other post here. Let’s keep one thread per issue please.

Sorry, thank you.

1 Like

Tried everything on there. Unfortunately it’s still the same. This is the only program that refuses to install. I’ve never had problems with anything else.

I have also tried this on a fresh account with no other programs installed. Still the same result.

Could someone try the installer on a Windows 10 Pro 64 bit setup please to try and reproduce the result?

Thanks.

If not, try install as admin.

Probably a Group Policy setting in Windows has got set by something. As RodS says, try installing as admin.

Hello @Christopher_Kelly, my apologies for the issues here but I’d be happy to help! What GPU does your device use? Does it support OpenGL 3.0? To test this issue, could you please install the latest .NET framework here and also try updating your graphics drivers then reboot your machine. Please let me know if that resolves the issue, if not, we’ll move to the next steps!

I always when re-installing .NET is to make sure that the out the old version is completely removed first, meaning, remove, reboot, verify it is no longer installed and then install the new version. Sometimes “just updating” can leave…stuff… from past installations that can cause issues.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.